Swimming Pools????

ok, not sure which page I read this on but someone said they wouldn't go near any pool on any cruise line. Is there a particular reason for this, or just the obvious one of little ones (or big ones) using the pool as a bathroom? I have heard public hot-tubs had some problems but hadn't heard about swimming pools.

In my case, that would primarily relate to the fact that on most main stream cruise lines, the pools are filled with sea water. However, that is not the case on Princess and Holland America Cruise Lines. Those are the only two lines on which I have frequented the swimming pools.

ok, not sure which page I read this on but someone said they wouldn't go near any pool on any cruise line. Is there a particular reason for this, or just the obvious one of little ones (or big ones) using the pool as a bathroom? I have heard public hot-tubs had some problems but hadn't heard about swimming pools.

Yes, that would be the reason some people won't use the pool. Unregulated use by little ones in diapers.:(

Not sure about all lines, but on Carnival, children in diapers/swim diapers are not allowed in any pool, including the kiddie pool. As far as adults who should know better.....? That's why I don't get into any public pool.:rolleyes:

On Carnival we call the main pools the 'pee pools' because of all the kids in them and some are in diapers with mom or dad.The kids are not teens. Same with those hot tubs. Counted 14 small kids in one. So,.....we got to the pool and hot tubs in the stern. These are usually adults only and I have seen security telling a father his daughter can't use that pool...........Who cares if its sea water? Same water you swim in at the beach!

I've never sailed a line that has allowed kids in the pool in diapers (Carnival, Princess, RCI, NCL). That said, lots of people think their little darling is special and let them in the pools with diapers on, or no diaper and let them pee. I'm the mom of four, two in diapers and I would never put a diapered child in a public pool.

That said, you can panic about it and not enjoy the pool, or just say, "the heck with it" and use the pool. I do the latter. Life's too short and the ocean's nothing but a fish toilet :D (thank you, Surf Punks, for that wonderfully vivid song and title).

Last time I cruised, I did go in the pool but only sat on the water ledge, you know the one that is inside the pool and it was to just cool me off. I didn't put my head or face in it,not because I was worried but because then I would have had scary hair. We have a pool and I of course swim in that so when I go on a cruise I just use the pool to cool off in. Question, one per said no kids in diapers or swimmies and I think the other said they were allowed, is it no diapers/swimmies but parents do it anyways? I have a 10 yr.old DD so I don't have to worry about this, just curious. How often do they clean the pool?

Life's too short and the ocean's nothing but a fish toilet :D (thank you, Surf Punks, for that wonderfully vivid song and title).

lol.....that brings back memories. I had the Surf Punks 'My Beach' album (yes....LP!) a LONG time ago. Rolling Stone calls them a joke, but I listened to them. ;)

Do you use pools at hotels? Do you use your community pool? Do your kids use the pool at their school or park district?

What is the difference with that and a ship pool. Even though the water in a lot of the ships pools is saltwater - it is still chlorinated and treated - just like any other public pool or even your backyard pool.

I'm the one that said I wouldn't go into a ship's pool - and if you look at some of the older postings about what people have found in them, and how parents don't pay attention to the rules (and even ARGUE about it) - you will understand. I don't go in any pool anywhere that doesn't at least look clean, but I did get so grossed out by the postings on pools - I will never be able to get those visuals out of my head.....:eek: Just means there's more room for everyone else......;)

I go in them and don't worry. I figure the plane ride there will hurt me more than swimming in a swimming pool. A lot of the "stories" regarding pools in general have almost become urban legends. Go and enjoy.

Like I said I swim laps in my own pool and don't usually have a problem going in resort pools, ocean, or cruise pools, I was just curious why some won't go in them. I plan on cooling off in the pool, probably not my head though, as I said earlier makeup and scary hair prevent that:D I like to look cute while on the lido deck and save the above problem for the safety of my own yard.

Archived