booking airfare through Carnival

Just wondering if purchasing air fare through Carnival for there Mediterranean cruise to Italy was worth it. Has anyone flown from Albany New York to Rome Italy using Carnival pre package. Was wondering if you were pleased with hotel and air.

I book cruise line air for back up only. I flew out of JFK on AER LINGUS. There are others now for even less. I got air for lots less than cruise line. We went in a couple days early. Got togeather with others on our roll call to shuttle from Rome to port.

Just wondering if purchasing air fare through Carnival for there Mediterranean cruise to Italy was worth it. Has anyone flown from Albany New York to Rome Italy using Carnival pre package. Was wondering if you were pleased with hotel and air.

Look for the cruise air, cruise discussion topics, then post your same question there. You''ll learn more about it than you care to know.......

I live near you, and we used NorthWest to Italy. You need to check their rates EVERY day, especially Tuesdays. We got a great deal, around $600 RT, from our home airport. I LOVED NW, the service was great, food was yummy, you can watch movies the entire time on the seat in front of you, cocktails are FREE throughout the flight, they were on time, and it was just a very pleasant experience. I would never, ever book cruise line air, unless it was free, and even then, I'd have to think twice about it.

Friends of ours flew on Delta from JFK, luggage didn't make it to Venice for three days!! It arrived the day the ship departed. Literally, 10 of them did not get luggage for days.

My single experience with booking thru CCL hotel & air was a disaster, but not entirely CCL's fault. We were booked on US scareways, and due to both a TRIPLE de-icing at our home airport, (PIT) and some poor weather down to a connecting flight in CLT, we arrived in MIA some 3 hours late!:mad: The hotel, however was a hotel that no longer exists, and I'm glad. Lets just say $75 for a buffet style dinner was a bit much!

Anyway, not CCL's fault, but I now book air & hotel myself, that way I know what I'm getting!

When we book a cruise (no matter what cruise line) we always book the air through the cruise line. Then we sit and wait and watch. If we can find airfare cheaper on our own (prior to final payment) we simply cancel the air portion with the cruise line and book on our own. At least this way we are guaranteed the price won't go higher. We have always ended up getting airfare cheaper on our own but at least in this day and age with rising gasoline prices we have a safety net. Good luck.

Linda

Archived