Copenhagen on a Sunday

So I'm perplexed about what to do in Copenhagen on Sunday morning. Is anything open? The NCL Dream will be in Port on Saturday night at 7:00 PM and is leaving by 12:00 PM on Sunday.

Unfortunately I don't think that is enough time to even catch a glimpse of the city. I know being on a cruise ship and visiting many ports you just can't do everything but I don't think we will even be able to take a canal tour. It looks like canal tours only run from 10-5 pm. Will any of the other tourist spots be open early enough on Sunday that we can be back for departure on the ship at 11:00 AM?

I guess it is a blessing to get to be in Copenhagen on Saturday evening as Tivoli should be fantastic from what I've read on these boards. So has anyone else been on the Dream with these limited hours or been in Copenhagen on a Sunday morning with some other suggestions or advice?

We disembarked on Sunday and there was not a whole lot going on until around 12pm. We were on the first canal tour after walking around the city and having breakfast at Nyahaven. After the canal tour, the shops had opened and we did a little shopping until time to leave for the airport. McDonalds wasn't even open when we arrived from the ship around 730. Enjoy your Saturday evening at Tivoli, the gardens are very pretty.

In the morning you could walk downtown near Tivoli, Christianborg, and Strøget. Borrow some of the free bicycles in the area and ride around. Go north of there along the water and visit the Little Mermaid statue. Find a shop with fresh baked bread or pastries, or maybe one that sells ice cream. It's a very beautiful city and should keep you busy even if there are no open shops.

Thank you for all your advice. We are actually in Copenhagen on May 27th not the 20th so I guess we'll miss the marathon.

This is our last port before home so I'm sure we'll be tired and just strolling around, sitting at a cafe, or people watching may be perfect for us.

It is just a shame to come so far and not see some of the other things I was looking foward too but it will be a good reason to come back and visit again.

Archived