Ensenada to San Diego Shuttle for Hawaii Cruise

Has anyone set up their own transportation from Ensenada pier to SanDiego airport or hotel? If yes who did you use and how did it work out? Also does anyone know how much Carnival charges for this service?

Thanks for the help, John

• 1 year later...

Was wondering the same thing. Just don't like the idea of the cattle call and Carnival bus ride back to San Diego after 12 days of bliss. We are on the Oct. 6th, 2008 trip. So, if I discover anything, you will have plenty of notice before your 09 booking.

Tom

Has anyone set up their own transportation from Ensenada pier to SanDiego airport or hotel? If yes who did you use and how did it work out? Also does anyone know how much Carnival charges for this service?

Thanks for the help, John

Im pretty sure Carnival doesnt charge anything extra from the transportation.

I have seen this asked before and never really heard of anyone planning their own way to or from Ensenada.

I'm booked on April 2010 from Ensenada to Hawaii. Transportation from San Diego (or LA) is included in the cruise fare. I would expect it to be included when going from Ensenada to San Diego as well. I haven't heard of any option to opt out of it and pay less to Carnival.

I briefly looked into alternate arrangements because the 2007 trip to Ensenada sounded horrible but didn't really find anything. I was following the roll call for those on the trip this year and it didn't sound too bad. I haven't read anything about going from Ensenada back to San Diego though.

I do think the Ensenada trip before the cruise is better than taking it after the cruise and is one of the reasons I booked the Spring trip instead of Fall.

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

Have just completed the Hawaii to Ensenada cruise. The crossing was perfect with good seas.

The debarkation day in Ensenada was not as bad as I expected. You won't sleep later then 5:30am though, as they start making calls to disembark at 5:30 throughout the ship speaker system (thats in the rooms as well as out of them) The Lido deck is open for breakfast at 4:30am and I believe the dining room is open at 5am. About every 10 minutes or so they announce the next group. There were 35 calls for the buses (2 buses for each number). They disembark the people who will be transported to LA airport first... there were 5 groups (10 Buses) on this batch. Then they disembark those who have early flights out of San Diego, then Later flights and lastly those who have other arrangements in San Diego and don't have flights out. We were in group 34 (about 8am) and from the time we got off the ship we were underway by bus in about 20 minutes. It takes about 1 hr. 40 minutes to get to the border and then about 40 minutes to get through cutoms and off to the airport. Trip total was 3 hours. Bus was nice and had a bathroom. All buses drop people and their luggage at the airport... even if people are staying in San Diego for a few days. Transportation from the airport to wherever you are going is up to you. The luggage is offloaded at the airport. Ours was partially on the 1st bus 34 and the rerst was on the 2nd bus 34. This was not a real problem for us, as we had no time schedule we had to keep. Our Bus 34 (1) got there about 10 minutes before the 2nd bus, and the only problem was the buses were pulled in about 200 yards away from each other. Just chill and let the people who are in a hurry get out of the way and then you can collect your luggage and be on your way.

It is allowed to have your luggage offloaded in Ensenada so you can stay there for a day or so ( but Ensenada is not much of a place to hang around) So if you no anybody who wants to drive to Ensenada to pick you up, you do have the option of staying off the buses.

Any questions, feel free to ask me.

Smooth Sailing...

Tom

http://www.bajaspecials.com/

THE ABOVE SITE HAS DAILY TRIPS TO ENSENADA FROM SAN DIEGO...WHEN WE SAIL FROM ENSENADA WE BOOK A DAILY TRIP TO ENSENADA...STAY AT NICE HOTEL...DRINK MARGARITAS...SOMETIMES GET MASSAGES...THEN WE GET ABOARD THE SHIP AND START OUR WONDERFUL CRUISE TO HAWAII..

IN OUR OPINION THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT!!!!!!

Agree with you 100%, except we went the other way and ended in Ensenada.. After my 20 days away from home and 12 days at sea, I didn't want to hang around Ensenada. Although after being home for 6 days, I'm off on another cruise to Cabo. :D

Agree completely...just wanted to go home.

Archived