Tired Of Cruising?

Has anyone done a meet and mingle? If yes, what can I expect?

I have only been to two of them, and both were disappointning. But from what I understand, some ships do a better job than others. With that said, it's really key that you communicate via Cruise Critic before you go.

I spent a few months here at Cruise Critic communicating with a handful of people. Although I'm glad I got to meet them and was able to picture the people I was writing to all those months, the groups, as a whole in both instances, were disappointing. Partly the ship is to balme - lack of organization the biggest issue. However, in all honsety, the people attending the CC party were just odd - they either kept to themselves or they were a too pushy for my tastes. Again, these are just my observations. Will I go again? Probably. I enjoy the community here, so I'm willing to give it another try.

I have read many good things about these CC parties, and none sounded like the ones I attended. SO I am going to assume that some ships just structure theirs differently. And in each instance, it was very poorly attended. Your's might be very different.

We've been on 5 so far with 2 more booked for next year. While I enjoy sailing, some of the specialness has gone and it's no longer new and fresh. We know what to expect. We have sailed exclusively in the Caribbean and it's getting hard to remember which ships were with which port. :confused: Neither DH or I like routine, that's why we've never bought a cottage or beach house. You may be different. We were considering Europe in the future. But now that the cruise industry is in a state of uncertainty with their pricing, we'll be doing land vacations for a while.

Beth

frankponcherelo:

We are 100% in agreement with nosnobunny...in our opinion, while a cruise is still enjoyable, 'the bloom is off the rose', if I may be allowed to use that cliche.

We will only go on one cruise per year and take a land vacation as well to keep things interesting.

V&M

We never get tired of cruising (have been on 13) but sometimes get tired of the hassles (tipping which never seems to be enough, noise in the neighboring cabins, getting to the port, parking at the port, weather, all of the extra expenses etc.) We spent a week in Vegas in May and it just seemed easier and less expensive than cruising.

Archived