Anyone else think that the person who...

programs the music/playlists/sets of recorded music played on the ships has a HILARIOUS sense of humor?

We noticed it all week last week...honest to GOD, the songs came like this: Nine Inch Nails, Neil Diamond, Paula Abdul, Oak Ridge Boys, Whitney Houston, Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Motley Crue, Bel Biv Devoe, Billy Joel, Alabama, Prince. And if it's automated somehow, that's a HELL of a shuffle option they have going there. LOL I know Carnival tries to cater to all walks of life (and obviously generations!) but we thought this was totally funny, once you start paying attention. :D :D :D

LOL...I never paid attention! That's hilarious! I did notice the dinner music on the last night of the Imagination last week was Kenny G's CHRISTMAS album. I'm totally serious. At first I thought I was hearing things with "What Child is This?" Then it was "Silent Night", at which point I said something to my tablemates. Then "Little Drummer Boy" came on...we were cracking up!

Whenever we were in the cabin, we kept the TV set to the navigational map they had on one channel which included music. You are right about it being quite a shuffle - there were so many times we just burst out laughing - hearing disco, followed by thrash metal, followed by bluegrass, followed by opera. You name it, we heard it. We kept thinking on a cruise they'd play more reggae, Jimmy Buffet, etc. but instead we got the ultimate variety channel. The selections got to be quite funny after a while!

Whenever we were in the cabin, we kept the TV set to the navigational map they had on one channel which included music. You are right about it being quite a shuffle - there were so many times we just burst out laughing - hearing disco, followed by thrash metal, followed by bluegrass, followed by opera. You name it, we heard it. We kept thinking on a cruise they'd play more reggae, Jimmy Buffet, etc. but instead we got the ultimate variety channel. The selections got to be quite funny after a while!

It seems they always used to play reggae music (recorded) on the ships when we first started cruising, and it was always the original artists. Then I noticed the songs were reggae but not by the original groups. Now I'm hearing Cher, some of the music from the OP's post, and more country. On the Fantasy they kept playing It's Raining Men which kept us laughing every time we'd hear the opening lines. :p

Ms B

In the lobby area outside our dining room they pipped in Metallica and Guns and Roses. I am guessing it was a 30-35 year old (kim =32) who chose all the songs, it was half of the Use Your Illusion set from 1991 and the black CD - both of which I got in trouble for buying in high school lol

Last year as we were getting off the Glory in Costa Maya, the music playing in the elevator was "Highway to Hell" and then "Bad to the Bone". Then we left the ship and saw the uniformed, armed police and their dog. I looked at my DD and said "What do you think they are trying to tell us about this place". LOL! :D

In the lobby area outside our dining room they pipped in Metallica and Guns and Roses. I am guessing it was a 30-35 year old (kim =32) who chose all the songs, it was half of the Use Your Illusion set from 1991 and the black CD - both of which I got in trouble for buying in high school lol

We Gen Xers will listen to anything...:D

We Gen Xers will listen to anything...:D

I still have a lot of that music. The Black album is still one of my all time favorites although I preferred "And Justice For All". It's all on cassette for the most part, of course. CD's weren't as popular back then. Remember they were going to go out like the 8-track! :D

The Cruise Director on one of our Inspiration cruise told us that he actually chose all the music. We loved the mix of songs!

On our Triumph cruise last February, they played Eric Clapton OVER AND OVER AND OVER again at the aft Lido pool. Not only that, they played Christmas music, in February!! Who wants to listen to Christmas music while on vacation in February. It got so bad that a bunch of people complained and asked them to just turn it off if they couldn't switch it up a little bit. Now every time we are on the lido, we all comment "at least they aren't playing Christmas music".

Archived