Any educated guesstimates as to...

if/when Carnival *may* change up their Southern itinerary again? I want to do Southern SOOOOOOO bad, but refuse to tackle 6 port days. Looking to plan our next cruise, spring of '09, and eyeing the Pride as of right now. Just wondered if I could do some wishful thinking that they'd rework that itinerary before then. :rolleyes:

I think it will depend on how popular the new itinerary is! If they get a lot of feedback about not wanting 6 port days, they'll change it sooner rather than later.

As for the Pride, I'm looking at doing that one myself in Feb.

We took Carnival Legend's 8 day cruise to St. Kitts, St. Maarten and St. Lucia in January and are taking the same itinerary on the Miracle in Jan. 08. Love the 2 sea days first, then 3 ports and then 2 sea days at the end.

Dianne

if/when Carnival *may* change up their Southern itinerary again? I want to do Southern SOOOOOOO bad, but refuse to tackle 6 port days. Looking to plan our next cruise, spring of '09, and eyeing the Pride as of right now. Just wondered if I could do some wishful thinking that they'd rework that itinerary before then. :rolleyes:

Take a look at the 9 day Christmas/New Years cruise on the Miracle. IM booked it looks good. Its this Dec. 24

thye need to come up with a 10 day southern with 5 ports of call and a see day between each port im not a big fan of day after day in port it wares me out and it dosent leave much time to explore the ship or enjoy the ship board activities they offer well thats my .02 cents on this topic

Take a look at the 9 day Christmas/New Years cruise on the Miracle. IM booked it looks good. Its this Dec. 24

Is it really worth spending over 2x to sail over Christmas? I looked into this cruise, and I couldn't justify (to myself) spending 2 1/2 times what I would spend to sail Dec 9 (of course, those plans went up in smoke). Yes, it's an extra day, but I just couldn't justify it. Have you sailed over the holidays before?

I love days in port! This is why I booked. My goal in my lifetime is to visit all the Carb islands that I can. According to the latest Frommer's, I"ll be over half after this next cruise.

My guess would be that there will be some major shifting of ships in the next couple of years with the new large ships coming into service and the Holiday class moving out. Look for some changes in 2009 (if not sooner).

Carnival Destiny in January 2009 will still be port intensive, but be in DR for 24 hours Friday/Saturday. Treat the Friday as a day at sea! We're doing this one for our honeymoon-we love ports and specifically booked this one as it was port intensive and has a lot of ports I'm dying to see!

If we don't want a port day, we simply get off the ship, walk around a bit for an hour or two, and then get back on and enjoy the rest of the day. :)

I did Holland America's Southern (10 days) last year. VERY nice -- Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay. Perfect blend of ports and sea days.

You might look into it if the ports intrigue you. I was on the Volendam, and would do it again in a heartbeat, but I'm waiting for my back to back Carnival Glory Nov 3 and 10th (Eastern and Western).

First time I've ever wanted summer to breeze by, so November would get here faster! :p

Archived