A Meeting Place in Ocho Rios

CruisingJBM

:D Hi All

We will be in Ocho Rios the last week in July, by coincindence our some of our best friends will be honeymooning there at the Sandals Resort. We are doing the canopy Tour that morning, and scheduled to be back about 12 noon. We have to be on the ship by 3:30. Does anyone have any reccomendations on a place the we could meet have lunch and a few drinks, we would prefer something that is close to the port. We also are unsure as to how far the Sndals Resort is fro the port. We would love something authentic, but edible. Not really sure what we are looking for, just some suggestions!!!

Thank you so much

J. Manzella

I was going to suggest Margaritaville at Island Village. The hotel can get them there with no problem and you will be real close to the ship to spend as much time as possible. Great place and should be fine to get a table with no issues. Good luck.

It really wasn't crowded at all, but then again, we were the only ship in port that day. Fun place, good and reasonable food (the conch fritters ROCK my WORLD), plus they have a waterslide, beach access and pool right there. Island Village is a beautiful, clean, safe place to shop and hang out. We drove by the Sandals resort on the way back to the pier and I'm thinking it was really close, under 10 minutes.

If you want to see pics of Margaritaville, click on the blue photos link in my signature. They're towards the end of the MASS of pictures that live there. :D

Has anyone been the the Ruins? I found it on one of the Tour guides websites, I emailed them and they said that it is 15 dollars for all you can eat buffett, and all you can drink alcohol too... I just dont know how good the food is... Sorry for all the questions!

I have never eaten at the Ruins before, but know people who have and they give it really good reviews. I have had my picture taken in front of the waterfalls - beautiful spot. Do a search for "The Ruins Ocho Rios" and you will find some great reviews. I personally would choose this over Margaritaville although many people enjoy it there as well - and as mentioned there is a beach there and is very close to the pier. I would not consider The Ruins to be "off the beaten path".

I want to say the Ruins is at DRF or Dolphin Cove? Sorry was at both and can't remember. Not in town about 15-20min drive. Margaritaville and Hard Rock are both right at the pier. We walked from the ship about 5-10 min easy walk. DH did zipline we met at ship and walkled to town to shop. Good Luck

I have never eaten at the Ruins before, but know people who have and they give it really good reviews. I have had my picture taken in front of the waterfalls - beautiful spot. Do a search for "The Ruins Ocho Rios" and you will find some great reviews. I personally would choose this over Margaritaville although many people enjoy it there as well - and as mentioned there is a beach there and is very close to the pier. I would not consider The Ruins to be "off the beaten path".

Do you know what the dress is for the restaurant? Will we need to go change after we have done the Zip-Line Tour, or would being a little sweaty be ok?

Archived