Music Boardwalk fans post up....

Skeeter1602

I fell in love with this group on my Feb. Miracle cruise. It seemend there wasn't any genre of music these guys couldn't play well! Enrique the guitar player was one of the most talented players I have ever seen. When they played the "Wall" by Pink Floyd I thought the helicopters you hear in the begining of the song was a recording but noticed he was doing this with his guitar!!

Who else here is a "MB" fan? Please share your memories of this great band.

My favorite memory of mine was how they played "Freebird" for our large group everynight, and said "This is for our Chicago friends, It is time to free the bird!! LOL)

Great stuff!

Mark

I fell in love with this group on my Feb. Miracle cruise. It seemend there wasn't any genre of music these guys couldn't play well! Enrique the guitar player was one of the most talented players I have ever seen. When they played the "Wall" by Pink Floyd I thought the helicopters you hear in the begining of the song was a recording but noticed he was doing this with his guitar!!

Who else here is a "MB" fan? Please share your memories of this great band.

My favorite memory of mine was how they played "Freebird" for our large group everynight, and said "This is for our Chicago friends, It is time to free the bird!! LOL)

Great stuff!

Mark

Mark, my husband and I are sailing on the Miracle on June 4th and heard rave reviews about this band. We can't wait to see them because they play all the music of my teenage years. :D Ahhhhh to be 17 again back in 1976. :p

Mark, my husband and I are sailing on the Miracle on June 4th and heard rave reviews about this band. We can't wait to see them because they play all the music of my teenage years. :D Ahhhhh to be 17 again back in 1976. :p

Sandi if you are into 70's and 80's classic rock you are going to be amazed!! Lots of lynyard Skynyard, Floyd, Queen, Zeppelin, etc...There are a lot more than the ones I listed. They even did Guns&Roses!! Don't be afraid to go up and request songs. There wern't too many they could't do. Metallica was the only band they couldn't do since no one could sing them and sound good. Enrique did do some Metallica guitar riffs for us the last night for fun.

We asked them to play some Kansas. They had never played them live yet, but had been practicing. Later that night they played Dust in the Wind, then later on Carry on my Wayward Son. We told they were ready to add them to their huge list of songs! I have seen Kansas live, and they were spot on.

Enjoy your cruise. Now you really have something to look forward to!

Mark

Sandi if you are into 70's and 80's classic rock you are going to be amazed!! Lots of lynyard Skynyard, Floyd, Queen, Zeppelin, etc...There are a lot more than the ones I listed. They even did Guns&Roses!! Don't be afraid to go up and request songs. There wern't too many they could't do. Metallica was the only band they couldn't do since no one could sing them and sound good. Enrique did do some Metallica guitar riffs for us the last night for fun.

We asked them to play some Kansas. They had never played them live yet, but had been practicing. Later that night they played Dust in the Wind, then later on Carry on my Wayward Son. We told they were ready to add them to their huge list of songs! I have seen Kansas live, and they were spot on.

Enjoy your cruise. Now you really have something to look forward to!

Mark

We love those bands!!! :D Another poster on here by the name of Mary49 said they were excellent and they did a lot of Queen (my favorite band) also.

They will definitely bring back memories of my youth. :p

We love those bands!!! :D Another poster on here by the name of Mary49 said they were excellent and they did a lot of Queen (my favorite band) also.

They will definitely bring back memories of my youth. :p

I know Mary. We have discussed MB a lot on another discussion board, and Aol instant messenger. Mary is the one who steered me to this Forum.

Mark

Ohhh I wanted to ask you......was the bar crowded when they were playing or were there only a few people in there?

Only one night it was crowded. They did a 50's and 60's night that they posted in the capers. MP played all that music great too. There were a lot of the staff there to watch. Most of the medical staff was there and took up one whole corner of the bar. It seems the staff of the ship are some of their biggest fans. Later after the crowd left, the went back to rocking the classic stuff again.

Most of the rest of the nights it wasn't too bad. It got busier as the week went on when more and more people found out about them. The first night it was just our group of about 20 people. Our own private studio it felt like.

Mark

Only one night it was crowded. They did a 50's and 60's night that they posted in the capers. MP played all that music great too. There were a lot of the staff there to watch. Most of the medical staff was there and took up one whole corner of the bar. It seems the staff of the ship are some of their biggest fans. Later after the crowd left, the went back to rocking the classic stuff again.

Most of the rest of the nights it wasn't too bad. It got busier as the week went on when more and more people found out about them. The first night it was just our group of about 20 people. Our own private studio it felt like.

Mark

I hope they do the 50s and 60s on our sailing too. I like that type of music also. Now I know where we will be hanging out at night. :p:D

Guest Mary49
I know Mary. We have discussed MB a lot on another discussion board, and Aol instant messenger. Mary is the one who steered me to this Forum.

Mark

Welcome to the board Mark. I knew it was you again. :D

Don't worry, we're bound to get more info this time. I hope.

Guest Mary49
I hope they do the 50s and 60s on our sailing too. I like that type of music also. Now I know where we will be hanging out at night. :p:D

Sandi- they do play a lot of the 60s music. You'll probably end up getting their e-mail address. Could you please tell them for us that Mary Ann from NY and Mark from Illinois have tried twice with e-mails and want to make sure we got the right e-mail address. He gave us Musicboardwalk@yahoo.com. Especially Mark has tried a few times but we've gotten no answer back. Would appreciate it very much. Mary49

Sandi- they do play a lot of the 60s music. You'll probably end up getting their e-mail address. Could you please tell them for us that Mary Ann from NY and Mark from Illinois have tried twice with e-mails and want to make sure we got the right e-mail address. He gave us Musicboardwalk@yahoo.com. Especially Mark has tried a few times but we've gotten no answer back. Would appreciate it very much. Mary49

You got it!!!! I am printing out this message right now and will put it with my cruise stuff. :D

You got it!!!! I am printing out this message right now and will put it with my cruise stuff. :D

Tell Enrique it was Mark from the big Chicago group that sailed on the feb 11th cruise out of Tampa. That should jog his memory

They were AWESOME!!! One of the formal nights, 4 of the ladies I was with and I were in F and J's................they were rockin' at one point (I think it was the Stones painted black).........I went diving across the floor on my knees (I was in full Tux) with a lighter up in the air head bangin to the beat........everyone around me were cracking up.

I'd have thrown panties had I had someLOL!!:eek:

kidding of course!

I just hope they are there when we go back in October........Mark, I'm up by Great America.....wife works in Elmhurst.

Guest Mary49
Tell Enrique it was Mark from the big Chicago group that sailed on the feb 11th cruise out of Tampa. That should jog his memory

Mark, now I think this might be a good sign for us.

Guest Mary49

Sandi, I don't mean to be best. Tell Enrique that I was the one he gave a special announcement to welcome me back on stage because I had seen them on the Triumph and he took the time to look up my name. I thought that was very touching. He would have done that all week but I told him that it wasn't necessary. It was the trip to Bermuda. It was soo cute.

We became fast friends after that.

I can't wait to see them on my July 22 cruise! Can you list some more bands they do? Is it mostly rock or do they do anything like Earth Wind and Fire, etc. Would love to see a list of more of the songs and bands they do. Thanks!!!! Is it smokey in that lounge or no smoking there?

My DS is 13 and a huge classic rock fan. Will he be allowed into Frankie and Johnnie's to see them. I, of course, will be with him. (Please do not turn this into a thread about how kids should not be in bars). Thanks

My DS is 13 and a huge classic rock fan. Will he be allowed into Frankie and Johnnie's to see them. I, of course, will be with him. (Please do not turn this into a thread about how kids should not be in bars). Thanks

I can't see why not... on the Conquest in October there were two kids that sat right up front every night with the band Blood Power (the very best on the seas! :D), and the band let them cup up and play guitar and drums every night, and they even played the past guest party with them! (these were exceptionally talented kids!!!!!) Yes, they allowed smoking in there, and yes, it sometimes gets a little crazy but their parents were there, and seemed to be okay with it and I'm sure they opportunity and memories those kids had will last them a lifetime... There is no age restriction on the lounges such as that, I would imagine you would just use your best judgement...

Guest Mary49
Mary or Mark.....do you remember if they did any Tull?

I'm not sure who Tull is? But would bet that they do.

Guest Mary49
I can't wait to see them on my July 22 cruise! Can you list some more bands they do? Is it mostly rock or do they do anything like Earth Wind and Fire, etc. Would love to see a list of more of the songs and bands they do. Thanks!!!! Is it smokey in that lounge or no smoking there?

I would say they can do just about any song you ask them to sing.

Also, unfortunately, there is smoking in that lounge and it can get hot especially with a big crowd in the room. But if it gets that bad you can just step outside and still hear them.

Yesterday I just asked on another thread if there is a group out there that sings music like the Eagles, REO Speedwagon, and Journey. This group sounds really nice and are they going to be on the Miracle at the end of Oct.? I'm starting to enjoy listening to groups on ships and would love to hear Music Boardwalk. And were they on the Miracle last Oct. because I was on it?

Thanks,

Cassandra

Guest Mary49
Tull=Jethro Tull......a couple songs are Aqualung and "Cross Eyed Mary". :p:D

Hi Sandi, sorry I don't know their music. So I don't know if they play any.

Archived