Think I may be addicted to cruising ?

LibraLass41

This time last year i was setting sail on Arcadia for my first ever cruise to celebrate my Silver WA. A 'one off' special occasion once in a life time holiday (ha! icon_razz.gif )

(26th WA next Wed 16th)

Just been sorting my travel stuff out tonight, and after Ventura in 2008 we will be well into Sapphire, if we complete proposed cruises:

Arcadia May 06 13n (130p)

Aurora Dec 06 2n (150p)

Arcadia June 07 14n (290P)

Oriana Sept 07 7n (360p) not booked yet

Arcadia May 08 16n (520P) not booked yet

Ventura Sept 08 2n (540points)

Think we are addicted ! You can't beat a cruising holiday, and so relaxing, not having to worry about driving, have a drink anytime of day, lovely ports, great food, new friends - wonderful.!

Sue

This time last year i was setting sail on Arcadia for my first ever cruise to celebrate my Silver WA. A 'one off' special occasion once in a life time holiday (ha! icon_razz.gif )

(26th WA next Wed 16th)

Just been sorting my travel stuff out tonight, and after Ventura in 2008 we will be well into Sapphire, if we complete proposed cruises:

Arcadia May 06 13n (130p)

Aurora Dec 06 2n (150p)

Arcadia June 07 14n (290P)

Oriana Sept 07 7n (360p) not booked yet

Arcadia May 08 16n (520P) not booked yet

Ventura Sept 08 2n (540points)

Think we are addicted ! You can't beat a cruising holiday, and so relaxing, not having to worry about driving, have a drink anytime of day, lovely ports, great food, new friends - wonderful.!

Sue

Sue,

Think I can match/beat you then -

Oceana July/August 2006 (13 nights = 130 points)

Oceana July/August 2007 (14 nights = 140 points)

Oceana September 2007 (2 nights = 20 points)

Oceana August 2008 (7 nights = 70 points)

Ventura September 2008 (2 nights = 20 points)

Aurora September 2008 (2 nights = 20 points)

Oriana or Aurora November 2008 (18 nights = 180 points) - similar itineraries and identical durations just can't decide which to choose!

grand total 580 points!

Feebee_71

Your doing two weekenders in Sept 08 febe ??

Sue

Sue,

Indeed I am doing 2 weekenders in September '08. One with you guys onboard Ventura and then 2 weeks later am on Aurora with family! Booked KA grade cabins for that one and would love to hear any reviews of this cabin grade.

feebee_71

Never thought about it much before but we will get the double up next year. After Oceana in November & May we will hit sapphire on P & O and platinum on princess. I think we are the same as you now Libra totally addicted and for all the same reasons as you have mentioned.

Think I go gold on Cunard this sailing (it's been a grade a cruise so far:) )

on P+O I have a bit longer to wait :(

120 2004, 120 2005, 160 2008 = 400 - so perhaps 2009

Have to say it was the issue of losing those hard earned points :eek: that made me look properly at P+O for 2008 -I had to take one soon - and it might as well be a good one as a 2 nighter in winter (though that isn't ruled out :D - though more likely to do canaries again - its warmer for a start AND based on the offer I just got for canaries in Aug, there's a possibility P+O might offer a good single supplement later in the year as well - heres hoping:D )

Karen

Don't knock a 2 nighter in winter !

We had a lovely 2n cruise on Aurora on 16 Dec 06, as we embarked she was decorated with christmas trees, garlands and trimmings all done before sailaway by a large team of workman.

Bruges was great, we had a crisp dec sunny day, all the shops were open, lots of chocolate shops and xmas decoration shops. The food was good, and the second night was a formal night with welcome party, the same as a large cruise. Well worth £280pp !!!

We are on the Ventura one and only weekender in Sept 08 - now sold out, 16 months in advance... and got a balcony with £25pp obc and free carparking for £239 pp for 2 nights, brilliant!

Sue

Archived