NCL Website showing "Excuse Us"

Us2inFL

I've read all the comments and have still found the problem exists on IE7 and Mozilla. Even if you were to disable you main firewall and use Windows firewall. The problem still exists. I've cleared cookies, etc. and it doesn't matter.

I have not heard any detailed news from them today, only that they appreciate the input and are working on it. Again, if anyone has some Tech. "awareness" with browsers, and/or can take a snapshot of the Excuse Us page, please contact them as described earlier. As it turns out, I took a snapshot for them but the file they received was "damaged".

No updated news to report from NCL yesterday, so I guess we'll have to wait until Monday when I check in with them.

I am still wondering if any other CC'ers have either called them to report the problem and/or to try and help them with the diagnosis, including someone with the ability to send them a snapshot of the "Excuse Us" page or provide any other assistance they might request. It just might help those of us unable to access NCL.com as we have been accustomed to doing.

I have sent them a screen shot twice, and have spoken to them three times. Yes, they're still working on the problem, and asked me if I use Norton Internet Security and the Norton Firewall, and I do.

I am having the problem with Internet Explorer 7, because I tried to access www.ncl.com through my AOL screen name, and it loaded fine. I have told them this is the case, and heard a lapse of silence. Kind'a makes me worry.

Atleast I can search the NCL site through AOL. (and who would have thought anyone would have a good word to say about AOL)

I just accessed their site, including checking out my reservation for December - no problems. I am using Firefox on a broadband ISP with whatever firewall the ISP uses. I also just went to the ncl.com site - not sure if they have migrated the 'beta' version over yet.

It looks like one of those inconsistent situations that drives the technical support folks nuts!

Tom, I did send an email to that address you posted - did not get a reply, but I did get my read receipt. I am able to access the web site thru the link someone else posted - all is fine until I click on advanced search or "home". I was able to get us registered, but I too, like to just go and cruise (:D no pun intended) around the site.

Cheryl

I have sent them a screen shot twice, and have spoken to them three times. Yes, they're still working on the problem, and asked me if I use Norton Internet Security and the Norton Firewall, and I do.

I am having the problem with Internet Explorer 7, because I tried to access www.ncl.com through my AOL screen name, and it loaded fine. I have told them this is the case, and heard a lapse of silence. Kind'a makes me worry.

Atleast I can search the NCL site through AOL. (and who would have thought anyone would have a good word to say about AOL)

Thanks for the info; They do have a link here if they choose to use it, and I agree all the conflicting "situations" must be driving them nuts. Yes, the silence may have said it all!

I'm so glad to find that I'm not the only one having this problem. I've tried disabling Norton -- no luck. I've tried clearing everything out -- no luck. I'm going to try a few things mentioned here that I haven't tried yet. It's very frustrating since we finally decided what shore excursions we want to take and now I can't sign up for them. Oh well, I'll keep on trying. Thanks to everyone.

I too have been having this problem for days. Went in to register the family on line and OOPS no way to do it. From someone who has had their computer hacked into, there is no way that I am disabling Norton. NCL needs to figure out what has happened last week, I've had not changes to Norton, and did not have a problem last week on that same site. Oh well, I guess I'll just sit tight and wait it out. So much for pre-registration.

I'm so glad to find that I'm not the only one having this problem. I've tried disabling Norton -- no luck. I've tried clearing everything out -- no luck. I'm going to try a few things mentioned here that I haven't tried yet. It's very frustrating since we finally decided what shore excursions we want to take and now I can't sign up for them. Oh well, I'll keep on trying. Thanks to everyone.

I too have been having this problem for days. Went in to register the family on line and OOPS no way to do it. From someone who has had their computer hacked into, there is no way that I am disabling Norton. NCL needs to figure out what has happened last week, I've had not changes to Norton, and did not have a problem last week on that same site. Oh well, I guess I'll just sit tight and wait it out. So much for pre-registration.

Have either of you tried accessing the NCL site through this link:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=SiteMap

As others have pointed out, the Advanced Search funtion will send you to the "Excuse Us" page!!

Have either of you tried accessing the NCL site through this link:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=SiteMap

As others have pointed out, the Advanced Search funtion will send you to the "Excuse Us" page!!

I tried usng this page and stll not get into the site. I also am still getting the "excuse us" message when I try to go through NCL'shomepage:mad: . I am very frustrated:mad: I wish they would fix this!!!

This has got to be driving their technical staff (and probably consulting programmers) nuts:eek: . Some of us, and probably them, are having no problems whatsoever, and some are getting these recurring error messages. Speaking from a programming background, this type of issue is extremely difficult to track down and determine what the root cause is.

I tried usng this page and stll not get into the site. I also am still getting the "excuse us" message when I try to go through NCL'shomepage:mad: . I am very frustrated:mad: I wish they would fix this!!!

Did you turn off your Norton Firewall :confused: This seems to one of the problems but it is clearly an issue with the NCL code and a limited number of users and what they are running on their PCs. Most users are having no issues. You may have to fix this :eek:

Did you turn off your Norton Firewall :confused: This seems to one of the problems but it is clearly an issue with the NCL code and a limited number of users and what they are running on their PCs. Most users are having no issues. You may have to fix this :eek:

Just for clarification to others, I get the Excuse Us at NCL.com, but can get full utilization incl. Advanced Search with Norton off - only while testing!!

I can get in through the alternate link, without disabling Norton.

For those who have tried disabling Norton without success, make sure you didn't make the same mistake I made when I tried it in haste, and that was to only disable Norton Virus, and not Norton Security. Once I did that, everything seems to work except the Advanced Search function.

One more reminder: In addition to all of us customers and potential NCL cruisers having the problem, there are some ticked off TA's who can not access the site either.

The following message from the NCL Automation Support Group does little to raise my confidence they are any closer than yesterday or a week ago, but I appreciate their communication.

Tom,

The programmers are actively working on resolving this issue. Hopefully

we will have an answer for you soon. I apologize for the inconvenience

this has caused.

Respectfully,

NCL Automation Support

Well, I disabled both the security and the anti virus and got right onto the site. I then turned them back on, and the site still worked. The big test (which I have not tried yet) will be trying to get back on with out disabling Norton.

Cheryl

Well, I disabled both the security and the anti virus and got right onto the site. I then turned them back on, and the site still worked. The big test (which I have not tried yet) will be trying to get back on with out disabling Norton.

Cheryl

How is it working?

Going to NCL.com does not work for me unless I use the alternate link or disable Norton which I am reluctant to do. I have tried it several times for testing purposes, and of course when I try again it does not work. I did try what I think you did, that is disable, go to NCL.com, enable, and then continue through the site and it does work, until I try Advanced Search, which sends me to Excuse Us.

This problem has been going on for me for nearly 5 weeks, and it's really annoying. It actually takes the fun out of surfing through their site, ever fearful I will get the boot.

I will send them an email tomorrow if I don't hear from them, as they do not appear to work on this problem over the weekend, and actually show no evidence of making any progress on it at all.

Tom, I am still having all the same issues. I was kind of crossing my fingers that having been able to get on the site and around, that I could log back in after turning Norton back on, but no luck. Like you and others, I am very reluctant to disable Norton. I can access the site thru work (and as stated before, strange as I have the same ISP at work/home).

So I guess for home surfing, I will disable Norton, get on the site, turn Norton back on and pray.

Cheryl

it happen to my sister its your firewall disable it and the site will work fine somehow you blocked this from your computer go into firewall and remove site from blocked lists Rick

Rick, your post gave me an idea - I (and others) are reluctant to disable our firewalls, but I did go and turn off my parental controls. I did check my blocked lists and it was not there, but I went ahead and added it to my allowed sites. I logged onto ncl and it started going thru its motions THEN the excuse page came up. I was hopeful as it went thru more of a process than other attempts, but alas. :(

I just got off the support chat line with Symantec (re Norton Firewall) and the issue is resolved on my computer. Here is what worked. Do not disable your internet security of personal firewall. Go to Anti Spam and turn off the ad blocking and pop up features. Once these are off you can access the site. I did it on all our home computers and laptop and it works. You can always turn on these features after visiting NCL's site if you want.

:)

I just got off the support chat line with Symantec (re Norton Firewall) and the issue is resolved on my computer. Here is what worked. Do not disable your internet security of personal firewall. Go to Anti Spam and turn off the ad blocking and pop up features. Once these are off you can access the site. I did it on all our home computers and laptop and it works. You can always turn on these features after visiting NCL's site if you want.

:)

Swmrgrl - I cannot believe that the fix was this simple. LOL Thanks!

Yow wee!

Thanks, it works now! Too bad all the tech people at NCL didn't know where to begin in tackling this. I don't hold it against them, because it's certainly nice to have the site working again for me.

(now I can check on what that super discount Sun cruise we booked is presently going for.)

is that one of my banks, Amtrust, gave me the whole song and dance when I told them I couldn't access online banking after switching to IE7. They said "our bank system doesn't support this new version of IE."

Now with the change in the ad blocking changed, I am able to access the amtrust.com website. In many large organizations. there is such gross incompetence in Customer Service and IT people, it truly makes me worry.

Yow wee!

Thanks, it works now! Too bad all the tech people at NCL didn't know where to begin in tackling this. I don't hold it against them, because it's certainly nice to have the site working again for me.

(now I can check on what that super discount Sun cruise we booked is presently going for.)

:confused: Tech people at any corporation are not responsible for the 100,000s of different configurations of the public. Just not their job to trouble shoot an individual PC. That is why most companies lock down individual internal user PCs and have a standard config on all of them.

With patches every week form every software company to fix problems with their products no way you can avoid conflicts.

My hat is off to Swmrgrl who was the only one of use smart enough to call the source of the conflict :)

I am not defending the middle school kids NCL used to develop this site:D In all fairness they had their hands full just getting the site to run.

Archived