When Do Caribbean Storms Really Begin?

cruisenut2001

Keeping my fingers crossed! We went last year in mid September and are going the same time this year. The weather was wonderful! Sun every day and not a drop of rain or bad weather. The only thing we did get were some waves from a storm that had passed through. Can't complain!

Hoping we luck out this time..... ;)

lets get praying together then :D

I am right there with you praying!! We are leaving on our first cruise on Spet. 2nd out of Galveston. With all the rain we have had in the last month (and I am praying it continues for another month) the gulf waters are too cold for hurricanes to be interested in it.

So I am curious... what will Carnival do for you if your cruise is canceled because of a hurricane?

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason I buy insurance is for the med-evac coverage. We never know who's next, but at my age the odds are getting better.

The smoothest water I ever saw from land, sea or air was on our Western Caribbean cruise from August 20th through 25th in 2005. We were on Holiday out of Mobile, and a few days after we debarked, Katrina hit. That's one of the choices we have to deal with. Calm wind and warm water are the best conditions for a hurricane to form, and also the best conditions for cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt purchase insurance. I only paid $794 for the cruise... of course I dont want to lose the $ IF something were to happen but now I am rethinking that (we are going out of FLL into Key West, then Cozumel then Belize). Can I get insurance still somewhere? I bought through travelocity and just paid today

Yes, you still can. I just booked my Southern Caribbean cruise for October 7th yesterday and I purchased the insurance today. I would do a little research here on Cruise Critic's Hurricane info/travel insurance page first. There are so many different types of travel insurance, and this was VERY helpful. I've been on 7 cruises and never purchased travel insurance in the past. I figured I had better do so on this one, since I am flying to Puerto Rico to catch the ship.

Check with http://www.tripinsurancestore.com or http://www.insuremytrip.com

I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, you still can. I just booked my Southern Caribbean cruise for October 7th yesterday and I purchased the insurance today. I would do a little research here on Cruise Critic's Hurricane info/travel insurance page first. There are so many different types of travel insurance, and this was VERY helpful. I've been on 7 cruises and never purchased travel insurance in the past. I figured I had better do so on this one, since I am flying to Puerto Rico to catch the ship.

Check with www.tripinsurancestore.com or www.insuremytrip.com

I hope this helps.

Are you going on the RCCL Adventure? Just wondering as we are.

Archived