call within 2wks of trip to get passport..JOKE

My wife and I applied for our renewals and for new passports for our daughters. We went to the Post Office passport application day. We were told to expect them in 10 weeks. We received all of them in 9 weeks. All 4 showed up the same day. :)

LeighnTexas,

If you don't have your passport and have trouble getting through with the 800 number email me at yahoo with my screen name and I will see what I can do. I would probably wait until a couple days after Memorial Day, usually when it is within a week of departure they will do whatever is necessary to make sure don't miss your trip.

Good Luck

[quote name='dmhoul']LeighnTexas,

If you don't have your passport and have trouble getting through with the 800 number email me at yahoo with my screen name and I will see what I can do. I would probably wait until a couple days after Memorial Day, usually when it is within a week of departure they will do whatever is necessary to make sure don't miss your trip.

Good Luck[/quote]

Thank you! I may have some good news! Several days ago i wrote to my Senator (Kay Bailey Hutchison) and about 6pm today i got a phone call from someone in her San Antonio office. He took our names and the tracking #'s. He said he would call me tomorrow and let me know! This sure has taught me a lesson on procrastination!! We could always make the trip again if the passports didn't get here in time, but I would lose the $7000 we paid for THIS trip!!:eek: Thanks again and I will let y'all know what happens!:)

I applied for my passport in early April and recieved it about a month later. My girlfriend applied for hers also around the same time and hasn't recieved it yet. We travel in less than 1 week and we have been on the phone day and night trying to get through to the 877 and usually get through about midnight. When I got through they gave me a cock and bull story about sending an email to my nearest passport office. The next night they told me since I wasn't the applicant they couldn't give me any information. When she got through they said they would overnight it and no one sent that email. Granted they are busy but it is fustrating to pay for something and not get the service. I guess I should chalk this up to all the ups and downs of vacation planning and hope it all works out as planned but until we get her passport I will be a nervous nelly.

Archived