Decided on 2008 Cruise...finally!

crazy4cruznatl

Hi everyone! Well decided to go with the 12 day Greek Isles & Mediterranean Rome to Venus Cruise on the Emerald Princess in June 2008. I'm VERY excited about it now, and hope to convince my sister tonight to go with me. She went to Greece last year, but has been talking about going back ever since, and maybe she'll do it this way. I'm especially excited about seeing the ruins of Pompeii. The stops are below, anything that you guys recommend that I do not miss on any of them? Thanks!!

1. Rome

2. Monte Carlo

3. Florence/Pisa (definately doing the leaning tower of Pisa)

4. Naples/Capri (Doing Pompeii on this one)

5. At sea

6. Santorini, Greece

7. Kusadasi, Turkey

8. Mykonos, Greece

9. Athens, Greece (doing the Acropolyis on this one)

10. Katakolon, Greece

11. Corfu, Greece

12 & 13 Venus Italy

*The only question I have is on the last 2 days it shows Venus, are we actually on the boat then, or are we on our own? Thanks!

I nearly chose this cruise too, but fly -cruise put me off as would of had to travel to London or Manchester to catch flight - no local airport connections, and the luggage restrictions on weight - i am a heavy packer !

So have now booked J808 on Arcadia to Venice, sailing from Southampton, so we can take as much luggage as we want!. But it is 16 nights as takes longer to sail from uk.

Monte carlo is lovely, see the Palace in Monaco, shops and marina.We will be going to both monte carlo and florence/Pisa on our cruise in 5 weeks time. I am going on a 11 hr tour to see both Florence and pisa which includes lunch, it is quite expensive at £75pp (150$) but you get to see a lot.

In Venice on your last but one day you will have all day, while the ship is at anchor to visit Venice, and on the last day will probably be disembarking after breakfast?

perhaps the Princess part of the site can help you more for ship info.

Sue

Katakolon I would recommend the tour of Olympia and in Kusadasi the tour of Ephesus is worth seeing. Mykonos we just enjoyed walking about the little mazes of shops and seeing the windmills. You will be on the ship overnight in Venice, Do get the shuttle into Venice on your last night as the atmosphere at night is fantastic and also make sure you are on the starboard side for the sail into Venice.

Archived