Docking, Tender, & Port Tax Free Stores?

cruiseveteran

Can anyone tell me if the Caribbean Princess is docking in Cozumel in September 2007? There will be to other ships in port that day and I don't know if the new docks are completely up and running.

Also, have they rebuilt the Duty Free Shops at the end of the docks just before you go outside into the shopping area?

Any information would be appreciated! Happy cruising everyone!

Can anyone tell me if the Caribbean Princess is docking in Cozumel in September 2007? There will be to other ships in port that day and I don't know if the new docks are completely up and running.

Also, have they rebuilt the Duty Free Shops at the end of the docks just before you go outside into the shopping area?

Any information would be appreciated! Happy cruising everyone!

The Duty free shops at the Punta Langosta pier were still under construction when I was there in January. The shops across the street were all back in operation.

If you are talking about the Carnival dock at the Puerta Maya pier, the shops that were on the pier are all gone. It will be early to mid 2008 before Carnival completes their pier. When it is completed, it will be able to handle four ships.

The shops at the International pier were all back in operation in January.

Right now four ships can dock in Cozumel at the same time. The Caribbean Princess has been docking at the Punta Langosta pier. I checked CruiseCal and there are only three ships in port in Sept. You will be sharing the dock with the Carnival Conquest. If you are in port on Sept 7th, I will be there also as we are sailing on the Conquest.

Dave

We're going to Cozumel on the Carribean Princess in July. Cruisecal says that there will be 4 ships in port that day. Our tickets from Princess says "Tender Required" in Cozumel. :confused:

With only four ships you will dock.. Several other Princess cruisers have the same info on there docs.. Some have even called and the company says they will tender. But Princess has in fact been docking at the punta langosta pier for a while. :)

I was going to ask the same question. Thanks for answering it for me, also. We'll be on the Caribbean Princess on July 22, & I was hoping we wouldn't have to Tender. We have been there 2 times recently on RCI & docked at the International Pier. We had 2 ships at that pier the last time. They are still working on the pier.

Gail

Archived