Just back from the Fantasy!

cod

We had a great time. Our Carnival experiences to date...

Celebration (years ago)....very nice!

Holiday (last August)....wonderful!

Liberty (Nov '06 transatlantic)....horrible!!!!!

Fantasy.....a great experience!!

Carnival is back in our good graces. The food 'everywhere' was very good. The service and staff...as good as it gets. Big Tex, the CD, goes to the top of the cruise director list!

I wouldn't change a thing but for the entertainment. The Fantasy singers and dancers did a very good job. The magician, 'Mr. Magic', was also very good. But those comedians (2) were not funny at all. We didn't make either of their 'adult' midnight shows but we heard from tablemates that it didn't get any better. Oh, well......

But all-in-all, a good time was had by all!

We're heading out on July 23rd...40 of us for a wedding in Cozumel...Any pics of cabins and public spaces? Would really appreciate seeing them. I was on the Fantasy in 2001. Can't wait to see the improvements. Glad you had a great cruise.

We just booked the Fantasy (again) for August after sailing on her in December and March.

With NO only being 5 - 6 hours from home (depending on who is driving) and the ship itself in such great shape....we have no problem sailing her again and again!!

Glad that Carnival was able to redeem itself.

Sorry, no pictures of the cabin. It was fine though. Very clean and the beds were comfortable. Good size shower too. My one cabin 'wish' however would be a little couch or some kind of seating for two. There is just one regular chair and a vanity seat. No big deal I guess as you're not there much anyway!

We were in a 6B...202 to be exact. The insides across the hall looked exactly the same as our cabin...they even had our curtains covering a 'fake' window. I would have had no qualms being in one of them for as much time as we were in our cabin and for as much time as I spent 'looking out'. And we liked being aft...near the elevators to all the food, including the aft DR, the Jubilee, where we had the early seating (5:45). It all worked out well.

We arrived at about noon, drove right into the new terminal to park and walked right through the check-in process. They were working on that long stretch of bridge on I-10 and we sat in traffic for an hour or so to go from two lanes to one...what a mess!

We were kid-less so hopefully someone will answer that question who knows more about Camp Carnival.

I work pt-time as a TA and I'm glad I went on this trip so I can sing her praises if I'm asked. Our next cruise will be on the NCL Spirit in November. Too bad Carnival didn't stick with their plan to bring the Triumph here in August but, by the same token, I can understand why they backed out. The Sun and the Grandeur of the Seas had trouble filling all their cabins the last few months they were here and did so by going way down from their normal rates. But this is a whole 'nother' subject!!

They had both. In fact, one couple we met said they got so involved in watching line dancing in one of the clubs that they didn't even make it to the theatre show to see 'Mr. Magic'!

Your groups will like the Fantasy. We have groups going on both the Holiday and the Fantasy and I have to admit to preferring the Fantasy now but we enjoyed our cruises on both very much.

Just returning from the Fantasty Ship on sail date 5/10/07 from New Orleans to Cozumel. Wonderful experience and wonderful atmosphere! Only negligible comment that could be mentioned at all was the extended time in the return line to ship from port in 100 degree weather that was unbearable. Other than that my "twin" sister and I enjoyed being with our mother for the mother's day weekend on board the FANTASY and had a fabulous time. Kudos to our personal snorkel instructor Rene' for the entire snorkel and treasure hunt excursion. I highly recommend this event. (And if Jodie is reading, when in context, the chicken did come before the egg. ) Can't wait for my next cruise. GET ON BOARD!

Yes, I heard about the line getting back on the ship in Cozumel. We just got off the ship in the am to walk around the shops at the port and when it got hot we headed back. But two couples at our table had been on tours and commented on the line at dinner. Was there a problem or just too many getting back at one time?

Has anyone been to a place called El Cid? It was like two doors down (walking distance) from the port area and they had a booth set up amid the port shops and were handing out brochures. For $35 you could spend the day there and your $35pp included lunch at their restaurant, drinks from their bar, snorkeling equipment, chairs with umbrellas, a man-made private beach (albeit small) and...I think that's it. The catch was you had to listen to a one hour sales talk (time share?) that she promised never went over. We were not prepared and begged off but I thought it was interesting. No cabs or other fees and if lunch and drinks were included it wasn't a bad deal. Just curious if anyone knows more about it or anyone who actually tried it.

cod-

I am a pt-TA also and have a group on the Fantasy in August and in November. Did you notice if any of the lounges had Karoke or line dancing?

ONLY 102 more days!!!!!! until our August cruise.:D

I agree. We've been to Cozumel probably 6 times and went to Panchos 4 of those I think. Love their margaritas and food, too. We skipped going downtown this time and just opted to stay at the international pier.

(I just checked elcid on the internet and it is AI resort so I guess their 'talk' is to try and get you back there for an all-inclusive vacation).

Archived