Enough time to see Atlantis from a Cruise Port?

marynjason

For those of you considering doing a day at Atlantis Please consider your timing there.

We just went to Nassau and we booked a room at CS for 320.00 after taxes and hidden charges. I asked to be checked in and checked out at the same time. I asked if they would discount the cleaning a water usage fees due to not utilizing the room..they said No.

We were at Atlantis for 5 hours and it is NOT enough time. I felt like I wasted my money. It is beautiful but you have to walk ALOT just to get to and from. We arrived at 1:00 pm by the time you get a taxi that is full of passengers and check in the CS, get your wristbands you have just killed an hour.

Then to walk to the new part that has the splash zone and the slides, that took 30 minutes to find even with a map:rolleyes:. My son played for about 45 minutes and we started to the walk back to where my Mom and DH were at. by now its 3:30 we started to get hungry and then to find a burger hut was a chore...2 burgers 2 fries 2 drinks and 1 hotdog...$38.00 later its now 4:15.. We then walked the aquariums and same in the pool closest to the Lobby. Then it was time to go. We were to be back on board by 6:30. That was our 320.00 day at Atlantis..:eek:

Scubagirl warned me, but I thought what the he** it's soo nice and we wanted to see and play. We didn't even get to see the beach..:eek:

I'm sorry scubagirl, I wish I would of listened to you!!

Will I go back ..YES but never again from a stop on a Cruise.... it would literally take a week to see the grounds and get benefit from it!

I hope this helps in your decision making

Mary

Your experience is the reason we decided against Atlantis when we go on our cruise in July. Although we will be in port from 1:00pm until 2:00am, we have decided against CS/Atlantis. The pool and slides close by 6:00 and like you said, with everything so spread out, it's not worth it. We have decided to do Blackbeards Cay and then taxi over to Atlantis around 8:00 pm and hopefully do the Dig then.

I don't think it would be worth it to me either to pay $320 to see Atlantis for 5 hours but I lucked out when we were there in Dec and I got a room at CS for just $110 for DD13 and I, so $55/ea for about 4-1/2 to 5 hours. We had a fantastic time and the weather was beautiful so I thought it was well worth the money but had it cost us what it cost you I would have been posting something very similar to what you just did.:)

We got to CS just before noon, got our wristbands and walked to Atlantis, it took us about 30 minutes to get oriented (thank goodness for the map otherwise we would have been completely lost!!) but once we did it wasn't too bad, we just worked our away around Atlantis as if we were at a theme park. We had time to do all the slides once or twice, we swam in one of the pools and we took our time seeing all the marine exhibits. We never felt rushed but it probably helped that it was off-season so there were no long lines for the slides. And we ate on the ship before we took the ferry over so we never had to eat at Atlantis (I'd read about the very expensive food there prior to our trip).

Archived