Italy and Croatia

CLOU

We are thinking of taking either the Diamond or the Voyager to Italy and Croatia next year. The cruises start in venice and end in Rome. I have heard the Croatian coast is beautiful, and that would lead one to want to be on the port side of the boat, but then the boat goes around the boot of Italy, and for that it might be better to be on the starboard side. Has anyone done this cruise? Does anyone have any suggestions?

We will be taking this cruise in two weeks. We have a starboard room and are continuing on a back to back with the ports on that side in Italy and France. I'll let you know how it works out for the first week. I didn't think about it until after the room was assigned but I think in our case, it will be good.

I wouldn't worry too much about which side of the ship to be on. We did Venice to Rome with a stop in Dubrovcnik on the Mariner in 10/03 and absolutely loved it. Croatia, at least Dubrovnik, was fantastic. That particular route is really a trade off in terms of the " best" side of the ship. We went out of Venice last fall and stopped in Dubrovnik again although we ended the cruise in the Greek Isles instead of Italy.

I have nothing but good things to say about RSSC and their operations. You'll love Dubrovnik. Eat lunch in one of the restaurants on the stepped streets- you'll find them. Great seafood.
Also, walk the city walls(probably before you eat)- an incredible view of a beautiful city and seacoast.

Don't know if you've been to Rome before but it is a great city. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time there.

Archived