Western Liberty or Victory

gypsyrose

Help me decide. DH and I have narrowed it down to Liberty out of Ft Lauderdale going to Key West, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios for 6 nites @ $629 BL guarantee or...Victory out of Miami for 7 nites going to Costa Maya, Grand Caymen or Ocho for $759....I know it is a matter of personal preference but I do value your opinions. I mainly need to know a little about what there is at the various ports because I don't think I could ever find anything wrong with either ship. Thanks for your help, would like to book for next April soon:D

Help me decide. DH and I have narrowed it down to Liberty out of Ft Lauderdale going to Key West, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios for 6 nites @ $629 BL guarantee or...Victory out of Miami for 7 nites going to Costa Maya, Grand Caymen or Ocho for $759....I know it is a matter of personal preference but I do value your opinions. I mainly need to know a little about what there is at the various ports because I don't think I could ever find anything wrong with either ship. Thanks for your help, would like to book for next April soon:D

Gypsyrose,

I've sailed both ships and been to all the ports you mentioned. I'd choose Victory for the extra day and because Costa Maya is much better than Key West. Essentially the Big screen and a couple of food options on Liberty are the only advantages she has over Victory; not enough to outweigh the extra day and Costa Maya.

I have read so many controversial things about Costa Maya, maybe being dirty or unsafe. Now I do understand you have to be careful ANYWHERE you go, but is this place any worse? What are the options for things to do here?

I have read so many controversial things about Costa Maya, maybe being dirty or unsafe. Now I do understand you have to be careful ANYWHERE you go, but is this place any worse? What are the options for things to do here?

I've been to Costa Maya but don't remember exactly what we did there, it's been a long time. We went there again last Oct. but passed by it because of the weather. I do remember it was beautiful. If you look up shore excursions there or just the island on interent you could learn alot. Or hopefully someone here can help you more.

I've been on both the ships your trying to choose from and I would pick the Victory because it is a little longer and just a little more $$ would be worth it. I think Costa Maya is better than Key West too. We were just on the Victory last week for the second time and it is great. The food was wonderful, the colors throughout the ship were beautiful and we had a good time.

Cassandra

gypsyrose,

I wouldn't describe Costa Maya as either dirty or unsafe. It's a beautiful area that is currently experiencing quite a bit of growth due to cruiseline passengers. The unsavory element that is sometimes associated with some ports simply isn't present in Costa Maya. While there are occasional reports of incidents, I'd classify them as isolated and not what is normally expected.

I've never taken an organized excursion in Costa Maya. I'm content to visit ChacChi resort and Majujual.

Archived