Anyone ever had their legs waxed before cruising?

And, if you did, how long did it last?

We're doing the 7-day Southern Caribbean on AOS in July, and the less time I have to spend shaving, the better. (Not to mention, I dislike shaving after a day in the sun.) We're spending two days in San Juan before hand, so I'm wondering if 10 days is too long to go without a razor.

Thanks!

I always do...Make sure you don't shave for at least 1 1/2-2 months before and you will have no problems! Before our first cruise I didn't shave for over two months before and got waxed 2 days before we left and then didn't have any hair growth for 3 weeks.

I always get my legs waxed before a cruise or any other vacation. I don't want to spend valuable vacation time shaving and dealing with shaving bumps, etc. I only have to stop shaving for about 3-4 weeks before a wax. I think you need about a 1/4 inch of growth.

I always get my legs waxed before a cruise or any other vacation. I don't want to spend valuable vacation time shaving and dealing with shaving bumps, etc. I only have to stop shaving for about 3-4 weeks before a wax. I think you need about a 1/4 inch of growth.

Ugh! No thanks, I'll spend the few minutes shaving! No way can I go that long without shaving. I hate having one day's worth of growth:rolleyes:. Although, my hair grows so quickly, maybe I could get away with just a week:) . Would be nice to not have to worry about it.

Thank you for all of the replies.

I'll definitely give it some thought. I never would've known about not shaving a few weeks before, but I think I can see how it makes for a stronger 'pull' below the skin surface.

It certainly would be nice to not have to shave while on vacation.

No waxing for me....ever again. I actually got bruises on my bikini area from trying to wax at home. I really don't think it will be any less painful if someone else does it. My skin is just too sensitive.

And there is no way I'll go a month without shaving. I can't stand to go two days without shaving.

I'll stick to good old fashioned shaving, thank you. Love my Venus razor. :D

OUCH. I would ONLY let a professional near my hoo-hoo. I considered trying myself, but I heard horror stories so I went and got it done. And I'm VERY modest. It took a lot out of me. The results were wonderful, though.

I don't even do my legs at home!! You don't have the right pull as somebody else does. The professionals know what they are doing and the results are so much better than shaving!

I've been waxing religiously for the last year, I barely feel it now.

Ugh! No thanks, I'll spend the few minutes shaving! No way can I go that long without shaving. I hate having one day's worth of growth:rolleyes:. Although, my hair grows so quickly, maybe I could get away with just a week:) . Would be nice to not have to worry about it.

I get stubble pretty quickly, but then it slows down and takes about 3 weeks to get the full amount of length needed. If you can get that amount in a week...you should give it a try; it's awesome to stay smooth without shaving on a cruise.

It does hurt around the ankles, especially the 1st time.

Archived