"Unlimited beach snorkel" Excursion

rmartin

Please tell me about the Unlimited Beach Snorkeling Excursion at Cozumel. RCCL offers this excursion and I also think NCL does too.

a) Is a boat used for this or do participants walk out to the water from a beach?

b) Can participants leave the excursion when they are through snorkeling or does the entire excursion group return to the ship together?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion through Carnival. I am not sure what reef/beach it went to, but it wasn't that far. You could see the ships from where you were at. We took a bus there and were given equipment and directions. It really isn't a "beach", but just a little sand that goes into the water with a pretty good drop off. One of the guides went out and fed some fish to attract them, not a lot of fish but it was nice. You could leave whenever you wanted. As we were getting into the water another group was coming for there instructions. So there were plenty of taxis to take you back Hope this helps.

I also want to know the answers to the questions about the "Unlimited Snorkel". Also does anyone know what beach this excursion goes to?:confused:

Some of the beach snorkels go to Dzul Ha. Why anyone would want to book this through the ship is beyond me, but many people do. You can take a taxi, rent gear, eat, drink and lie in the sun for half of the cost of the ship tour and still have access to the best shore snorkeling on Coz.

Chankanaab Park has good snorkeling via taxi also, but the entrance fee can be steep for a large family.

Archived