Thinking of taking Mariner on Wester Carib, Thanksgiving week

riekl

I have a decent offer on a D3 category cabin. My understanding is this is a basic cabin, with a balcony ? How are the balconies are RCCI ? I have cruised twice on Princess once interior on Sea Pricess, and last mini-suite on Golden. I swore then that I would never cruise without a balcony again.

Things I like about a balcony are being able to feel the wind (at least somewhat) look out and see the ocean, not another part of the ship right below me. Are they decent sized for two people to sit out and eat breakfast on ?

-----

How does breakfast in the cabin work ? On Princess you could order just about anything delievered for breakfast regardless of if it was on the card or not. My wife usually had a half sliced pinapple every morning while I enjoyed french toast and eggs, and cantalope on the balcony. Is this possible on RCCI ?

-----

I know the pools on RCCI are salt water, is this a big problem for a lot of people ? I loved the fresh pools on Princess. Is the water generally warm ? Is there an adult only pool ?

So many questions so little time !

The basic balcony cabins have two chairs and a small table so you could sit there and have your breakfast. The chairs are regular upright chairs, not reclining lounge chairs. The balcony probably measures about 4x9. You can have room service deliver whatever you wnat for breakfast. The Voyager class ships have an area usually referred to as the Solarium where the pool is limited to adults.

We sailed on the EOS to the caribbean and had a balcony. We never ate in the cabin, but did have wine, champagne or iced tea everyday as we left port.

Loved standing at the railing and chatting with neighbors on either side as we backed out fo St. Thomas, or was is St Maarten?

Our own personal choic ehowver is not to pay for the balcony in our two later cruises. Room was for dressing or being in bed.

Well I just booked ! I really didnt like the locations of D3 so i paid a bit extra to bump up to B1 .. my travel agent only had category guarantees avail. She is quite good and very well known but is it normal for them not to be able to over a guaranteed cabin if you request it ?

I am on this cruise and tried to get another cabin for my father. I was told the ship is full and no more rooms??? Good luck but you better hurry, holiday cruises do fill up quickly. ;)

Yea i'm all set and in room 8362 ! Looks like a decent room, deck 8 so only passengers above and below, close but not to close to elevators ..

My only potential problem is its an adjoining cabin i've hard because of that there is less room/furniture in the room ?? Can anyone confirm/deny this ?

Archived