I tried this thread somewhere else, and NO RESPONSE!

fstimcruz

Ok I am leaving for my first cruise on Sunday! We are going to Costa Maya, Mexico. I have booked an excursion called Pez Quadro Beach Break, and I was just wondering if anyone has been here or done this excursion. I just want to know what to expect. I have posted this as a thread on the Costa Maya part of this website but I got no response. Please help anyone!!!

Ok I am leaving for my first cruise on Sunday! We are going to Costa Maya, Mexico. I have booked an excursion called Pez Quadro Beach Break, and I was just wondering if anyone has been here or done this excursion. I just want to know what to expect. I have posted this as a thread on the Costa Maya part of this website but I got no response. Please help anyone!!!

I can't help with that particular excursion, but I can tell you Costa Maya is absolutly beautiful!! The color of the water is spectacular, you will never forget it. Enjoy yourself~~~~~~~;)

I was there two years ago when I sailed the Liberty. I loved Pez Quadro. Be prepared for a bit of a party atmosphere and a nice long walk there from the pier. It was well worth it.

One bit of warning. We drank beer with lime. Don't drink lime in the hot Mexican sun. All of us that had lime ended up with pretty burnt lips and blisters. The people with us who had mixed drinks or no alcohol were fine.

Geez, you just posted 35 minutes ago :confused: , there are several Pez Quadro posts on the front page, you can also find TONS of info about it if you type in "Pez Quadro" and enter it into the search this forum link on the Costa Maya forum...

If you want immediate response on an internet chat site, searching for your answer is best, rather than waiting.

Just to let you know, we did Pez Quadro on our own as opposed to booking the excursion. It's doable on your own and I think cheaper.

http://www.costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm

Did you book this independently or through cruise line. If I'm not mistaken you can just head to the beach yourself $3 cab fare each there and $2 back. Depending how much you eat or drink, Costa Maya is a cheap place to do both and sometimes the price of an all inclusive is not really a deal. The fishing village of Mahahual is where this and many other beaches are. We just cabbed there and walked along each beach/bar area until we found one we liked. Don't forget to get a massage on the beach - very cheap and very good. Like the lime hint, watch the sun after you have massage oil on you.

Did you book this independently or through cruise line. If I'm not mistaken you can just head to the beach yourself $3 cab fare each there and $2 back. Depending how much you eat or drink, Costa Maya is a cheap place to do both and sometimes the price of an all inclusive is not really a deal. The fishing village of Mahahual is where this and many other beaches are. We just cabbed there and walked along each beach/bar area until we found one we liked. Don't forget to get a massage on the beach - very cheap and very good. Like the lime hint, watch the sun after you have massage oil on you.

Very true. If you don't plan on drinking then don't do the all inclusive. A drink or two or a couple bottles of water would be much cheaper than the all inclusive. I do remember taking a cab part of the way and then a long walk along this beach walk thing where there were shops to look at. I also remember the bathrooms at Pez Quadro were quite clean.

livtojump I hope that doesn't happen DD's here!

We booked this through an independent company, I know that you can go independently but it is open bar when you pay! We paid $30 for the whole day, OPEN BAR!!! I really don't think I made a bad decision!

Thanks for your help!

We went to Pez Quadro one yer ago and it was a blast. I'm not a margarita drinker, just beer for me, but when I watched the bartender prepare my wife's margarita I knew I had to have one. INCREDIBLE is the only word that describes it. The bartender cuts a lime in half and hand squeezes both halves into the drink. They use good top shelf tequila also, not that Montezuma crap. Have a seat at the swinging bar stools and grab one, you will love it.

livtojump I hope that doesn't happen DD's here!

We booked this through an independent company, I know that you can go independently but it is open bar when you pay! We paid $30 for the whole day, OPEN BAR!!! I really don't think I made a bad decision!

Thanks for your help!

Good deal. We did this a couple of years ago as a group. Say hi to Marco & tell the bartenders you are from CC. :D Needless to say....it was $25 when we did it but price increased as soon as we returned. :eek: Oops! guess we drank too much. :p

We went to Pez Quadro one yer ago and it was a blast. I'm not a margarita drinker, just beer for me, but when I watched the bartender prepare my wife's margarita I knew I had to have one. INCREDIBLE is the only word that describes it. The bartender cuts a lime in half and hand squeezes both halves into the drink. They use good top shelf tequila also, not that Montezuma crap. Have a seat at the swinging bar stools and grab one, you will love it.

They also use strawberry preserves for flavored ones. YUMMY! :p

When I went two years ago it was $25 and I must say, we drank our money's worth. If you want to drink - it is worth the price. The food is extra - not terribly expensive. You used to be able to pre-order lunch. Besides alcohol, we got beach chairs, lots of water, soft drinks. I think you can be there all day for that one price.

Archived