Anyone on the Diamond 6/22? Odd request...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but here goes anyway. My partner and I are on the Diamond northbound June 22nd. Since we're going to be in Vancouver for the night before, and it's legal in Canada, we thought we should legally get married (even it's no longer legal once we cross back into the us). We found the spot to get the license on Friday, found a comissioner to do it for us on Saturday morning before we board. We just learned that we need 2 witnesses, and since we're traveling by ourselves, we have none.

Is there anyone on this cruise that'll be in town overnight, or in very early that could be bribed with dinner/wine/whatever on the cruise to come be witnesses for us?

We are staying at the Westin Bayshore pre-cruise Friday night, and planning on walking to Stanley park Saturday morning for the ceremony.

Thanks!

dogdoc2002

Thanks Ephraim! Do you happen to have the phone number? The link you attached had the mailing address but no phone number. If you don't have it, I'll do a Yahoo search tonight when I get home.

Thanks!

dogdoc2002

That page has phone numbers for Vancouver Prideline, Prideline BC as well as the "Administration" and Reception Services. I'm sure that they can find someone to help.

I'm in Montreal, it's a little far to go. Besides, we still have "bans" in Quebec, so you need to wait 20 days after you apply for a licence to be published. Silly old law and there are ways around it. Still a PITA, though (Pain in the ...)

Thanks again for all your help Ephraim. I have Canada envy. When George W. was "elected", I wanted to run away to Canada but my partner wouldn't let me :o

If you ever visit the land of cheese and need assistance, I would be happy to help!

dogdoc2002

Thanks again for all your help Ephraim. I have Canada envy. When George W. was "elected", I wanted to run away to Canada but my partner wouldn't let me :o

If you ever visit the land of cheese and need assistance, I would be happy to help!

dogdoc2002

Been there, done that, have the picture of the duck and the bog. It's so expensive to fly to the US from Canada now. There's about $100 worth of taxes to pay when you fly, so it's often cheaper to just fly further afield.

There were a lot of people who wanted to run away to Canada. Few were really successful because they didn't really know what it takes and that Canada can be picky and requires that you have savings in order to do so. We don't just let people in because they want to... just like our neighbours to the south. :)

Have a great wedding. Walk around Vancouver holding hands. Feel the freedom and enjoy.

Been there, done that, have the picture of the duck and the bog. It's so expensive to fly to the US from Canada now. There's about $100 worth of taxes to pay when you fly, so it's often cheaper to just fly further afield.

There were a lot of people who wanted to run away to Canada. Few were really successful because they didn't really know what it takes and that Canada can be picky and requires that you have savings in order to do so. We don't just let people in because they want to... just like our neighbours to the south. :)

Have a great wedding. Walk around Vancouver holding hands. Feel the freedom and enjoy.

Hey Ephraim- Thanks again for your help. I had actually looked into it before I graduated. I didn't have the savings then (not so well now since we're taking this trip :)), but figured my degree (DVM) sure couldn't hurt

Thanks!

dogdoc2002

Archived