Grand Turk-Carnival scuba-Oasis?-other shops?

jimw

Is Carnival's contractor for diving Oasis Divers? On the excursions page it looked like it might be their name on a boat. What other shops have you dealt with? Recommendations please............

Is Carnival's contractor for diving Oasis Divers? On the excursions page it looked like it might be their name on a boat. What other shops have you dealt with? Recommendations please............

I dove with Blue Water Divers in March and they were GREAT. Small boat with 6-8 divers max. You can take a taxi right out of the cruise port to their shop, just tell the driver to drop you off at their shop. You just flag down a taxi to return (they come by about every two minutes). After checking in you walk across the road to the beach where the boat comes in and picks you up from there. Their website is, http://www.grandturkscuba.com/. They have a FAQ on their site for cruise ship passengers. BTW, Mitch is the owner and captain and a great guy!

Randall

Is Carnival's contractor for diving Oasis Divers?
I believe that it is. They use large 24 diver pontoon boats to do the dive excursion. Sounds fun, doesn't it.

I also went with Blue Water Divers and had a really nice couple of dives. They would only put 5 divers on our boat. They have at least 2 boats because we were not with Mitch. Taxi to the shop was $5 per person (I think). It was guided diving, but at the end of the dives we were allowed to putter around below the boat until air or NDL ended the dive. You'll want to take some food with you on the boat as they only provide water. One lady ordered some room service food the night before to bring with her. She shared the food which was delicious.

The third choice for diving Grand Turk is http://seaeyediving.com/ but for some reason they wouldn't take a reservation from me.

Looks like we have a winner for Grand Turk.

Another destination--St Thomas--anyone here done the Coki Beach dive? Is it worthwhile? The only costs would be tank and taxi.

Looks like we have a winner for Grand Turk.

Another destination--St Thomas--anyone here done the Coki Beach dive? Is it worthwhile? The only costs would be tank and taxi.

If you are going to St. Thomas after Grand Turk, a shore dive at Coki Beach will be a bit disappointing IMO. If you are traveling with non-divers and want to stay together for the day, Coki beach is probably a good compromise, otherwise you'll probably want to do a boat dive. I liked http://www.admiraltydive.com others have had good luck with Blue Island Divers. Both of these ops will pick up at the Havensite cruise dock. Chris Sawyer dive center also has a good reputation, but you'll have to taxi to their shop which will add to the cost of the trip.

Thanks Bruce-r,

We will be a group of 8 this time, 4 are divers. Most of us haven't been to St Thomas before and want to do a tour--the tour gets us to Coki Beach about 2pm for 2 hours, so a painless dive opportunity. Cheap too, $10. for a tank.

Archived