Best way to book NCL excursions?

Hollyster2

My reservation number worked great online for pre-registration, but when I try to book excursions online it says our reservation doesn't exist.:confused:

Another in our group tried to book an excursion over the phone with NCL and the rep was very uninformed, messed up the reservation and we are back at square on. Anyone have some advice for us?

My reservation number worked great online for pre-registration, but when I try to book excursions online it says our reservation doesn't exist.:confused:

Another in our group tried to book an excursion over the phone with NCL and the rep was very uninformed, messed up the reservation and we are back at square on. Anyone have some advice for us?

The system at NCL will only let you book an excursion so many days out from your cruise. I am going to leave in Nov so it will be about 60 days out before I can book my excursions. You can also print out a excursion form from NCL and fax it in.

Since NCL is so expensive, I either take a cab or book an excurision on the pier. Not only do I save half the costs, I won't have to cancel if the weather is very poor or change my mind.

I only book NCL excursions at tender ports, and only a day ahead after hearing the Captain's weather report. I see no advantages of booking excursions earlier.

We have learned the hard way and booked excursions through the cruise line for much more money - now we do it on our own for half the cost and with better results.

I see no advantages of booking excursions earlier.

Well, one advantage is to insure that it won't sell out if you have your heart set on that particular excurion and it's the only way to get that one. For example, many people on my last cruise wanted to do the river tubing in Grenada. It sold out really fast and the tour company was not allowed to take outside bookings due to their contract with the ship. Of course, this is really the only reason I can think of to booking early and through the ship!

Archived