Kids on Wave Runner tour through Island Marketing

Rickson

Hi,

We have a cruise booked for the end of June and we want to take the jet ski tour through Island Marketing on Grand Caymen. We would like to rent two jet skis and have our two children ride on the back. They are Eleven and Seven and are both experienced on jet ski's and excellent swimmers. My question is will they ask to see the age of my Seven year old since their minimum age for this adventure is Eight? He will by Eight in July and I would hate for him to miss out on this because of a few days. Also, did anyone booked on the 11:00 AM tour have trouble making it back to the ship on time for departure? Thanks for any help with these questions.

Hi,

We have a cruise booked for the end of June and we want to take the jet ski tour through Island Marketing on Grand Caymen. We would like to rent two jet skis and have our two children ride on the back. They are Eleven and Seven and are both experienced on jet ski's and excellent swimmers. My question is will they ask to see the age of my Seven year old since their minimum age for this adventure is Eight? He will by Eight in July and I would hate for him to miss out on this because of a few days. Also, did anyone booked on the 11:00 AM tour have trouble making it back to the ship on time for departure? Thanks for any help with these questions.

I doubt they will ask for his age - how would you prove his age even if they did? (That was a serious question - not a sarcastic one).

We had booked the 11am excursion but were too late getting off the boat to make it. We got there around 11:15 or 11:30 and had to wait for the group to get back. It wasn't a problem. In hindsight, we should have tendered off earlier and walked around town or hung out at the resort until it was time. By the time the first tour got back, we had just enough time to do the full tour but when we returned to the resort we had to leave right away to get back to the dock. I would have liked to hang out in the hot tub for a while longer. But, that was our fault. You should have no problems.

I remember a similar situation happened to me when I was young. My parents told me before hand, "Remember, you're 10 (or whatever). Not 9." I understood the reasons because they explained that I was about to be 10 and that it wasn't really lying.

I didn't grow up with hidden resentment to my parents, and I didn't grow up a liar... so, my point is, make sure that your child doesn't say "I'm 7, not 8" haha

I doubt they will ask for his age - how would you prove his age even if they did? (That was a serious question - not a sarcastic one).

We had booked the 11am excursion but were too late getting off the boat to make it. We got there around 11:15 or 11:30 and had to wait for the group to get back. It wasn't a problem. In hindsight, we should have tendered off earlier and walked around town or hung out at the resort until it was time. By the time the first tour got back, we had just enough time to do the full tour but when we returned to the resort we had to leave right away to get back to the dock. I would have liked to hang out in the hot tub for a while longer. But, that was our fault. You should have no problems.

Thanks everyone for the responses. RIGirl I wasn't sure if they put the age of a child on the S&S Card since I haven't ever cruised with the kids. I was worried it was used as an ID for the kids. I requested a 9:00 AM excursion and they said it was available but then confirmed me for 11 so I am trying to work that out right now.

Archived