Air Conditioning

nucrewzers

Just wondering how well the air works on cruiseliner, especially in the Mexican Riviera in mid July.

Are you at the mercy of the ship, or can you get your room down to a nice, chilly temp. (my personal favorite)

Do you have your own thermostat?

That depends on the ship I think. Our April cruise on the Inspiration had a very warm room. The comfort bedding was way too warm for the temperature. There was no personal thermostat. That was my one and only compaint during the cruise, our room was very warm. If I sail that ship again, I will bring a small fan.

There is no thermostat per see, but on all of the Carnival ships that I have been on, the air vent in the ceiling has a lever so that you can adjust the flow, the faster/more flow the cooler the room is. This is not to say that it will be too cold or too warm. I have been on the same ship where on one cruise it was too warm even with the flow opened all the way, on the next it was fine with lever adjustment to where I wanted it, of course it took two days out of a four day cruise to get it where I wanted it.

there are climate controls in the staterooms. on fantasy class vessels they are in the ceiling. hard to find if you do not realize that's where they are. i don't remember where they are on triumph, and can't say about other classes (yet). a/c always worked great for us. last cruise we were in a suite and had 2 vents. one did not work when we boarded, but our steward arranged to have it fixed.

Just wondering how well the air works on cruiseliner, especially in the Mexican Riviera in mid July.

Are you at the mercy of the ship, or can you get your room down to a nice, chilly temp. (my personal favorite)

It was plenty nipply on the Conquest in April... our cabin was plenty cool and the inside dining areas and shows were quite chilly even though it was hot outside.

I will let you know how the June temps work out .......................

We did find that vent in the ceiling and opened it all the way but it didn't help. But again, it certainly didn't ruin our cruise. I just know next time to bring a fan!

sounds like yours was broken. next time be sure to tell the room steward. there are techs on board that can fix this.;)

That depends on the ship I think. Our April cruise on the Inspiration had a very warm room. There was no personal thermostat.

There was a manual controlled air vent in my cabin on the Inspiration, Open that sucker up all the way and it would freeze you out.

It was plenty nipply on the Conquest in April... our cabin was plenty cool and the inside dining areas and shows were quite chilly even though it was hot outside.

I will let you know how the June temps work out .......................

Nipply.....hehehhehe ... thats funny.. he said nipply:D

Tom

nucrewzer, you should have no problems at all to keep cool. If you get airconditioner which does'nt work someone would probably be able to fix it. On all the cruises I've been on I never had one problem with the air conditioner except my hubby constantly wants that air sky high, like you'd enjoy, and me down low.:p

Depends on your cabin, if you have an inside cabin, you will have a cold cabin, if you have a Balcony, your cabin will be at room temp, something like 75 go 78 degrees, keep the balcony door closed at all times.

Fred

(we're sailing on the Carnival Pride)

Thanks for the fan info.

I was planning on doing that!

We had an aft cabin in late May on Carnival Pride. (An aft cabin on a Spirit class ship can have quite a bit sun.

It was never uncomfortable though we did have to close the curtains on port days in Mazatlan and Cabo when the cabin was facing the afternoon sun.

If it's anything like the Fantasy if you're inside you WILL freeze. There was an enormous temp drop walking off the pool deck to the inside Lido. BRRRRRR!

Our stateroom was soooo cold! We turned down the vents in the room, but it was still pretty chilly! Some days the temp difference outside vs inside our stateroom was very obvious when you saw the condensation on the outside of the window!!!

The comforters on the bed are nice and warm once you're under though!!!!

When Dh and I sailed on the Pride in Feb. of 2006 our room was down right cold. I actually would prop the balcony door open to warm up the room.

(we're sailing on the Carnival Pride)

Thanks for the fan info.

I was planning on doing that!

Don't about the other ships, but sailed the Pride and the cabin had its own control. Actually had to turn it down at night it got so cold. (And I'm from Buffalo).

Only on one ship-the Jubilee-was it ever too warm but the pursers desk did loan us a fan and it made all the difference in the world. All others have been either comfortable or very cold. The vents in the ceiling have a knob that you can adjust. If the temp does not get comfortable for you, be sure to tell your room steward and they will get maintanance to check it out for you.

Archived