Wave Runner with a 4 year old

clooz4u

Ok, not sure if anyone would know but I'm wondering if any excursions with wave runners will permit my 4 year old to sit between my husband and myself. I've been searching the boards and google but have found nothing. Any help? Thanks in advance for your time :)

I don't know if they would let you but honestly, I have a 4-yr-old and I wouldn't do that with him. It would be fine if you could guarantee calm waters. The day we went, the water was so choppy I could barely stay on the waverunner. I was holding on to my (speed-demon) husband for dear life. The waverunner would nose-dive every so often with the waves and we would go under. My 4-yr-old would have been crushed, crying, and scared. We had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat but not with the kids.

I would agree. My DD5 is a tall 49inches (47 at age 4). Even with somewhat calm waters, you will bounce-HARD. And we've fallen off alot without being "speeddemons" like the last posters husband. And we aren't first timers. My family has three that they keep at the Texas coast so we are pretty experienced. She still is not allowed on them even though she is a water skier. You really have to be aware of the back mechanisms if you fall in and I wouldn't trust my DD to understand that.

BTW, Banana boats are worse!!! I can never stay on those things!!

Thanks so much to the both of you for your input! I just got a reply that she is in fact too young for the waverunners, however they have Jet Boats that seat 4 and are still adventurous, but safer. (4 years old is the minimum age) and it's $200.00 total for the boat~ so I think we have a solution!:D

Archived