Stroller Bugaboo Question

ufgrad98

Hi! We are going to be going on a cruise when my daughter is 6 months old and would really like to bring our bugaboo since she will still be sleeping a lot. We want her to be as comfortable as possible when we are out and about. We will be going on the Freedom of the Seas. Do you think we will have a problem with the stroller fitting through the cabin door? Thanks!

Have you considered getting a sling? They are my MUST bring item when traveling (heck- even to the mall!) They are compact, cozy, soft - you can use them to prop your kiddo on your hip - have them looking forward, snuggled into your chest - or laying down sleeping. And if you can fit the through the door - so can she! :lol Plus - I like the fact that my babe is up close to me - and not down around everyone's behinds/cigarettes! And - people are much less likely to come up and touch her when she is so close to me. and there is ZERO chnace of her being taken from me. They are easy on your back - and can be used as a blanket - a discreet way to nurse, an impromptu changing pad, etc - and they fit in your purse....I love my sling from taylormadeslings.com

Wow! Glad you like your sling so much. Regarding the Bug, I am wondering the same thing. My son will be 18 months on our cruise in Europe, so doesn't always need a stroller. However, when we are doing tons of walking and exploring, especially on cobblestone streets, I know that stroller is the most comfortable for him and for us. I think that it would be hard to fit in into a stateroom door. Even hard to fit it into a cabin. i would think that taking the seat/bassinet off and then folding up the base might be the best bet once you get to the cabin.

Have you considered getting a sling? They are my MUST bring item when traveling (heck- even to the mall!) They are compact, cozy, soft - you can use them to prop your kiddo on your hip - have them looking forward, snuggled into your chest - or laying down sleeping. And if you can fit the through the door - so can she! :lol Plus - I like the fact that my babe is up close to me - and not down around everyone's behinds/cigarettes! And - people are much less likely to come up and touch her when she is so close to me. and there is ZERO chnace of her being taken from me. They are easy on your back - and can be used as a blanket - a discreet way to nurse, an impromptu changing pad, etc - and they fit in your purse....I love my sling from taylormadeslings.com

Thank you for your response:) I'm so glad that you like your sling. I actually have 4 of them: 2 ring slings, a solarveil pouch for the water, and a buckle mei tai. I'm definitely bringing at least 2 of them with me for this trip. But, I was interested in also bringing my bugaboo for times when I didn't feel like slinging my babe and her brother. I do appreciate your love of the sling though:D

Your travel agent or the cruise line should be able to tell you the width of the cabin doors. My Graco Duoglider fit through the door, but when I brought my Peg Perego, I had to fold it every time before going into the cabin, which was a real pain. Enough of a pain that it's worth getting or borrowing a different stroller if you need to. And I'm a huge fan of the stroller. At dinner you can put a sleeping baby in it and enjoy a nice meal, and it's a nice place to have baby AND all your stuff when you go on deck or into port.

Best,

Mia

Thank you for your response:) I'm so glad that you like your sling. I actually have 4 of them: 2 ring slings, a solarveil pouch for the water, and a buckle mei tai. I'm definitely bringing at least 2 of them with me for this trip. But, I was interested in also bringing my bugaboo for times when I didn't feel like slinging my babe and her brother. I do appreciate your love of the sling though:D

:o Yep..could you tell I'm a fan? :o After my 2nd I "discovered" them and I can't imagine life without one - seriously! :p It has become my 3rd arm - the one God forgot to give me when I gave birth to my 3rd kid! LOL!

Plus, on one vacation (pre sling) we were out and about I went to go up a curnb and the handle broke off of our Peg Perego...NOT COOL - had to push it all bent over until we could get back to the hotel - then we had to go buy a new stroller for the rest of the trip - then get both of them back to AZ from FL....never again.....

Archived