Looking for good snorkel trip from Nassau...

There will be 4 of us...DH and our 2 kiddos (who will be 9/10 and 6/7 at the time, depending on when we actually go). We *may* try to teach the kiddos how to snorkel before then, if not, we'll probably end up taking turns in and out of the boat.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

My father and I just returned from Nassau at the end of April. Based on the glowing reviews I read on this site we booked the afternoon snorkel trip with Stuarts Cove - it was the best! We snorkeled at 3 stops with the last being with sharks (the morning tour does not offer the shark stop). You don't have to get in if you don't want - you can just watch from the boat (which you would enjoy as well). Stuarts Cove also offers other activities. http://www.stuartcove.com/

We did the Stuart Cove trip a couple of weeks ago. There were a few families with young kids along. The guides did a good job of encouraging and helping the young kids. Unlike some tours I have done where you are expected to follow the guide, you are given a certain amount of time at each stop to explore on your own and at your own speed.

If you have a choice definitely do the afternoon excursion with the sharks. it was definitely the highlight, regardless of whether or not you get out of the boat.

Another couple from our excursion has surface pictures of the sharks posted from this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=556372

I don't have my shark pictures back yet, but there are some pictures from the snorkeling at the webshots link below.

Ditto the Stuart Cove recommendations. It is much less money than the snorkle trips offered by the cruise ships and you do far more. Try to sit up front of shuttle bus and if you're polite, you can get a tour of the island as you go across. It is first rate, every employee we had contact with was outstanding!! Get in the water for the shark stop, I counted 37 6-8 foot sharks.

Archived