Baby on board..........any reasonable rates?

wadeod

We are planning on going to Alaska on Princess next year. I just found out that it will cost about $800 to bring our 1 year old? that seems outrageous to me. Is there any cruiseline that will let you bring them for free, or more reasonable

Check HAL's web site for fares. Example: Veendam June 5 seven day cruise Vancouver ---> Seward, infant fare is $352.93.

WOW - This is the first I've looked at Alaska fares since we went in 2002. They've really gone up!!!

NCL and Dysney are the only 2 I've heard of that don't charge or charge a nominal fee. Check out some of the HAL promotions though - I saw one a few weeks ago that was for a reduced rate for any 3rd or 4th passenger. I'm not sure which sailings it was good for. It was like $299 but it included port and govt taxes. We are taking our 11 month old on a cruise in November and I too was shocked to find that I would be charged almost $600 for her. We are providing all of her supplies. She will not drink or eat anything supplied by HAL - maybe some dry cerial, but I think I could do better than $600 for a box of cheerios.

We travelled on the Amsterdam in June and our baby was only charged $299. Both Princess AND Norweigen told us we would have to pay the full 3rd/person rate of $600+....!!!! It made choosing HAL very easy, and we had a great trip!

Archived