A couple of questions-one about weddings

I can't seem to remember from my last cruise on SOS, do they serve Splenda onboard? I usually bring my own, but would be easier not to. Also, hairdryers- are they decent? I think I used my own last time, but going on Liberty in July thought they might be better.

A question about weddings, my brother is planning to get married on the cruise, but would prefer to do it off the ship perhaps on a beach. Thought San Juan would be a good option but doesn't know about any pretty beaches that would be appropriate and close enough to the port. Any suggestions....

If the plan is to get married onboard the ship, you have to plan that with RC well in advance... you can't just show up and say, "I want to get married on the ship".

From what I understand, they recommend you book far in advance to guarantee a spot. They have Wedding Planners and only do a set number of weddings on the ship per cruise.

If you want to get married in port, you can also book this using the RC Wedding Planner... again, they do a limited number of weddings per cruise.

Arranging it yourself without the RC package??? sounds risky... Their packages are really nice and affordable, plus someone else takes care of the details... they get you to the spot, arrange the service, etc.

our friends are planning to be married when we cruise Mariner in Feb 2008 and are using the RC service... it's just less hassle, I think, to go with what they offer.

you can download their full wedding brochure at the website.

I wouldn't recommend San Juan...

Yes, they plan to use RC wedding planners, although their TA seems pretty uniformed, I suggested they call RC directly, but maybe that's a "no-no" if you booked through a TA. Personally, I think they shoild just gst married on the ship...Liberty is beautiful!

We're getting married in Aruba while on the Adventure of the Seas! Planning a caribbean wedding is fun but you definitely need to do some research into the different islands because they all have very interesting regulations. Your brother should start by calling Royal Romance (Royal Caribbeans Wedding people) just to get the rules about getting married in Puerto Rico. I'm pretty sure that in order to get married in Puerto Rico there is a mandatory minimum stay of 2 days prior to getting married, because they are a very religious/Catholic island and don't take it lightly. :eek: You also need to get blood tests in San Juan to get married. We were considering it, but decided on Aruba instead. I think St. Thomas and St. Martin are relatively easy. If he'd like to get married on a beach during the cruise, just look up all the rules (because some Islands make it really easy and some make it REALLY difficult!). As far as planning the actual wedding, he should definitely look into going w/an independant company on the Island instead of w/Royal Romance because they overcharge like crazy and make you go straight back to the ship the second the ceremony is over.

Have fun checking everything out! Once it all comes together it's worth it!:D

Laura

http://www.viweddings.com/

This is the service we used while visiting St Thomas 10 years ago. They were absolutely wonderful. They can do a beach setting if you wish, or like we did, used a home on a cliff oceanside. Have your brother check them out. They do whatever you want, regarding religious officials, flowers, music, photos, videos, cake, champagne, transportation, even handled our application for our license. They picked us up right outside our ship, and drove us directly to the courthouse to sign, then took me to the wedding site, and DH back to the ship to prepare. I highly recommend them. Good luck to your brother and his DF with whatever they choose.

Yes, they plan to use RC wedding planners, although their TA seems pretty uniformed, I suggested they call RC directly, but maybe that's a "no-no" if you booked through a TA. Personally, I think they shoild just gst married on the ship...Liberty is beautiful!

we are getting married on the mariner in sep 2008, and our ta who the cruise is booked threw told us to call royal romance and let them take care of everything. maybe your ta has dealt with them b4, but to me it is just an extra person in the middle with an extra oppurtunity to screw stuff up.

good luck with everything.

greg

Archived