Review of recent Princess Dive Excursions

King Neptune

I was just on the Caribbean Princess and did the ship's dive excursion in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'm still a new diver so these fit perfectly for me and both locations provided great dives.

On Grand Cayman, I did a two tank dive with Don Fosters along with 8 other folks off the ship. Obviously, there was lots of room on the boat and we had the boat captain/dive master and a dive guide. Both dives were guided but we had plenty of time to take pictures or look around without being left behind. The first dive was to 80ft for 30 min. and the second was to 50ft for 40 min. The dive guide was very good at pointing things out to us on his dive slate which I know I would have missed otherwise.

On Cozumel, I did a three tank dive with Dive House. This time there were only 5 of us divers and three crew members, the captain, the dive master/guide and a deck hand. The crew were very helpful and provided us lunch as well. All three dives were drift dives, the first went to 80ft for 30 min., the 2nd went to 60ft for 30 min, and the last one went to 35ft for 40 min.

Archived