Miami Avis near Metromover?

cpprinttom

I've never been to Miami before and I am trying to figure out everything before we get there. We plan on renting a car at FLL and staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Does anyone know if the Avis Car rental in Miami is near the metromover? I read online that this is FREE public transportation and I just thought I could hop on that when I return the car and take the Metromover to the Bayside stop and walk to the Holiday Inn from there? We would then just take a Taxi to the port in the morning. Has anyone done this? Is it posible?

I've never been to Miami before and I am trying to figure out everything before we get there. We plan on renting a car at FLL and staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Does anyone know if the Avis Car rental in Miami is near the metromover? I read online that this is FREE public transportation and I just thought I could hop on that when I return the car and take the Metromover to the Bayside stop and walk to the Holiday Inn from there? We would then just take a Taxi to the port in the morning. Has anyone done this? Is it posible?

There is a metromover stop about a block away from the rental agency at the James L Knight Center stop. However you will ride one stop over and still have to walk about 2 or 3 blocks to the Holiday Inn. Just grab a taxi its faster and easier. and Yes the metromover is free. The rental agency is literally minutes away from the Holiday Inn.

YOu will still have the same problem with the metromover if even if you go with Enterprise. The metromover does not have a stop at the Holiday Inn. You will still have to walk a couple of blocks.

There is a Hertz located behind the Holiday Inn if I'm not mistaken

Archived