Barbarians Breach Walls...Jeans are OK

SHINEMAN

As you can see in this thread, the people who STICK OUT are the poorly dressed. They are probably the same people who do not follow the rules of no diapers in the pool and no saving chairs by the pool. No matter what....some people do not follow rules! If you don't like the rules that are CLEARLY stated, then go somewhere else on vacation!!

As you can see in this thread, the people who STICK OUT are the poorly dressed. They are probably the same people who do not follow the rules of no diapers in the pool and no saving chairs by the pool. No matter what....some people do not follow rules! If you don't like the rules that are CLEARLY stated, then go somewhere else on vacation!!

That is so mean spirited. I am going to stamp my feet and hold my breath because it is really all about ME ME ME and the rest of the world can follow the rules if they want but I make my own rules because I pay for my vacations and that allows ME to do what ever I want.

That is so mean spirited. I am going to stamp my feet and hold my breath because it is really all about ME ME ME and the rest of the world can follow the rules if they want but I make my own rules because I pay for my vacations and that allows ME to do what ever I want.

Good one! :D

Why do people keep making this stuff up?????!!! :mad:

It's simply not true. I was on the Spirit in March, and no shorts were allowed. Jeans were-- but they were few and far between. The majority of passengers were dressed very nicely for dinner. And there were no backwards baseball caps either... only in the buffet.

If all some people care about is the level of 'fellow passengers class' (which IMO, is actually constituted by much more important things than wardrobe) on a ship then why dont they just cruise on Cunard or Celebrity or some of the other high end lines?

I mean, when I go to Wal-Mart I dont complain that they dont have restroom attendants and valet parking... If I wanted that I'd go to Neiman Marcus. You chose a broad-market cruise line, deal with it!

If someone honestly allows what a complete stranger decides to wear in a dining room define his/her vacation experience well....(((shakes head))). I guess some people will find anything to complain about.

Nice generalization there! Way to go.

Hi novusordomundi,

I take it you're not familiar with the person you are responding to.

Are you familiar with how the ignore setting works in the group? ;)

It's really a tension reliever :D

Excuse me, I was on the Crown last year and I am from Philadelphia. Nobody would ever say my dress style is not classy. I would have a dress or skirt wherever we left the cabin.

This is not true. No matter how hard I trey I just can't get that image of the huge guy with the hammer loop dungarees on the Crown last year out of my mind. The level of dress on that cruise was the worst I have seen ever and I thought the folks in Philadelphia had some class.

Excuse me, I was on the Crown last year and I am from Philadelphia. Nobody would ever say my dress style is not classy. I would have a dress or skirt wherever we left the cabin.

Talenka....

Use your "ignore" and DO NOT quote them...this way...we won't have to see what they say ;)

So much for freestyle dress hu?

I dont care what other people wear. I put on what I feel is appropriate. There are more important things to worry about than what others are wearing. Shorts in the dining room will not ruin my cruise.

Norwegian advertises freestyle, perhaps thats how those passengers interpreted that slogan and packed accordingly.

Alas.........it's the American-ization of cruising.

It used to be something special and nice. Now people want to treat it like a trip to McDonalds.

On one Recent cruise 2 teen girls at a near by table kicked off their Flip-Flops when they sat down to reveal their Filthy Feet. (Very Special)

NCL advertises......Do what you want When you want.......

Well......on our recent Pride of Aloha cruise, we had to wait as long as 30 minutes for the 2 of us to be seated in a dining room......and we don't care who we are seated with...

Hi novusordomundi,

I take it you're not familiar with the person you are responding to.

Are you familiar with how the ignore setting works in the group? ;)

It's really a tension reliever :D

thanks mbisson, i just took a look over some of that person's previous posts and now i totally understand. The 'ignore' feature has never had a more perfect mate.

My Latin got me through novusordomundi's handle just fine, but I keep reading it as "norovirus"! No offense, novus--must just be the cruise ship atmosphere getting to me.

hahahaha i had never even thought of that, but now I can totally see how on a cruise board my handle could definitely subconsciously make one think that!!.:D

I assure you though I am not contagious...in fact I immerse myself in Purell every night ! ;)

On our last cruise, some lugguge was lost and the family HAD to wear jeans and shorts to dinner. their lugguge showed up several days later.

Just goes to show you dont always know the circumstances behind other peoples situations. So I guess its best to MYOB and dont let something so petty ruin your vacation. Its best to remember the part where you are free to you know....do whatever. :D

I just can't get that image of the huge guy with the hammer loop dungarees on the Crown last year out of my mind. The level of dress on that cruise was the worst I have seen ever and I thought the folks in Philadelphia had some class.

Re: "The huge guy with the hammer loop dungarees"

Philadelphia is woefully deficient in policing the attire of tourists at its historic landmarks, and now I see the problem has spread to the city's

cruise-ship terminal. I shudder to think where it will end.

Archived