Oceaneer Club

FattyGwynn

My twin 4 year old daughters are thrilled about sailing on the "Mickey Boat" and I have already signed them up on line for the Oceaneer Club, but I'm not really sure how the Oceaneer Club works. There appears to be several different activities that are offered throughout the day, which seems fantastic. My question is this: Do I have to sign them up for each specific activity? and, if so, how and when do I do that? Thanks!!!

The beauty of the Oceaneer Club is its flexibility. You noticed there are activities going on throughout the day; you can take you child at any time and drop them off and pick them up whenever you'd like. They participate in whatever is going on at the time whether it's an activity, movie, or meal.

My DD was 4 on our last Disney Cruise. As soon as she woke up in the morning she wanted to know when she could go play with her friends! We had meals together, some pool time in the afternoons, and a nap in the cabin each day, but then she would be at the OC.

The set up is very well organized and I never felt uncomfortable leaving her there (unlike our last cruise on another line). Your DDs will have a bracelet with all their info including their lifeboat station. And you will have a pager in case they need you. But realistically it will never buzz! There are lots of kids, lots of activities and lots of wonderful characters that come to visit.

Happy Sails!

Thanks so much for the info (and the response to the other posting about all the meal options on board). It sounds like there is so much fun stuff to do at the club. If you have any recommendations of particular activities or events that your 4 year old daughter enjoyed, please let me know. Also, any advise you have on Castaway Cay activities for my twin DD4's. Thanks!!!

The Oceaneers club has an area on CC too. Kids can come and go like on the ship. Yhey also have special events like sand castle building.

Plus they have bikes for rent with helmets.

Lots of kids bikes with and without training wheels and adult bikes with child seats on them.

The path is nice and easy for beginners to ride.

Of course playing in the water at the family beach is fun too.

They sell sand pails and shovels on Cc too.

If they like connect four kids game, take them to the grouper game room. They have connect 4 there and it is probably about as tall as they are.

My little grandkids just loved playing that huge game when they were little.

Be sure and check your Navigator for times the characters will be out on CC. They are at 4 or 5 places along the way to the beach. This is a great time for photos because the lines are short and move quickly. Perfect for young kids who have a hard time waiting in line.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived