Kona Car Rental

KKCruisers

Hi CC cruisers, I know that the car rental for Thrifty is in a hotel near the pier, but I can't find it on their on line site at all. Does anyone have the link to book Thrifty in Kona. I have booked all the other ports, but this one is giving me a problem. All help wll be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

I never could find the Thrifty site when we went, so booked Dollar (same desk, same personnel at the King Kam hotel - right next to the tender dock.) Glad to get the info on Thrifty, tho' we were quite pleased with Dollar. Nancy

PDAZ: Thanks, but when I did that it said they were not open on that date. I thought car rentals would be open all the time. It doesn't make sense. The date is a Friday. I guess I will have to call Thrifty or book Dollar like someone else suggested. I only used thrifty because we have blue chip and we are building points. Thanks again for the help.

Note that on the Thrifty website "cruise ship pickup only" gives the same address as the airport location. I am assured (by other CCers) that the desk is in fact in the King Kam Hotel, but that is a very confusing aspect of the website. Especially if you click on the map link and it looks like it's at the airport.

I haven't been there myself yet to verify, but I trust CC more than the company website. :-)

KKCruisers: The King Kam location has fairly short hours (9 to 4, IIRC), so that might be why you were getting that error.

-Y

PDAZ: Thanks, but when I did that it said they were not open on that date. I thought car rentals would be open all the time. It doesn't make sense. The date is a Friday. I guess I will have to call Thrifty or book Dollar like someone else suggested. I only used thrifty because we have blue chip and we are building points. Thanks again for the help.

Hmmm. I just tried for this Friday and had no problem. Are you sure you're entering a valid date/year? Maybe it's a time issue as Yosef42 said.

Archived