Trying again- Booked the Valor for June

tammymacb

I booked the exotic Western itinerary for a June cruise. I'll be sailing with my husband and two children ( aged 11 and 16) in two cabins. It'll be our 6th cruise and our 3rd Carnival- we've also been on the Legend and the Pride.

I'm very excited about the itinerary as we scuba dive and plan to dive at every port. The kids love the entertainment on Carnival better than any other cruise we've done.

What is the Valor like as compared to the Pride/Legend. I know it's bigger but is there a lot of kid friendly areas? Also, ( right now I'm on a GTY but plan on choosing rooms ) where should I pick/avoid, for a nice yet reasonably priced room.

Is there a great kids/teens area on the ship?

Thanks in advance.:)

The most popular kid area is the central Lido. The water slide is above it at one end with a hot tub next to it, then there are 2 more hot tubs and a pool on the Lido itself, then all the food. A kid could hang out there all day without going anywhere else... it's a kid's paradise. Loud music playing, activities happening. Take the stairs up from there and your oldest will find an enclosed basketball court and ping pong table... lots of teens seemed to hang out there.

And there's always the arcade down several decks (on 3, I think). It was large and modern.

We were midship on deck 6 (Upper) and really liked the location as it was pretty central to everything. We had two interior rooms and two balcony rooms; all were nice, spacious enough for our needs, and comfortable. PLENTY of closet space. Hope this helps!

We were on the Valor in late March this year. We stayed on the rivera deck (Cabin with window) and it was right next to the elevators and it was awesome! It was a quick ride up to the lido -pool deck and Rosies buffet. It was so easy to get on and then back to our cabin in 5 minutes!

We never heard any noise being near the elevator, and when it is time to get off the ship at the ports, it was SO CLOSE and easy ! The teen scene for kids also include use of the disco during certain times, where they have karokee, and games, and dancing. I saw a sleep over there too. along with activiites listed above, your kids will love it! The food is super!

Pizza, Deli, are great additions, and we loved the burgers and hotdogs by the pool. Have a great time !

The Valor is a great ship. We were on it last May and are sailing it again this weekend. I also love the Pride, but this ship has the new ammenities for kids/teens. They have their own lounge (Club CO2) We have 3 teenage girls and they are very excited about going on the Valor again. The ports are amazing, as well! Have a great time!!

Archived