Please help! phone number for carnival?

sugarcoated

Does anybody have a tel number for Carnival? they have took money from us three times for our sail and sign so our card has maxed out... so angry and the 188 carnival number doesnt seem to be working.

Cant believe they have just banged four grand on our credit card!!! Tried to buy groceries and was very embarassed! :-(

any number will do?

neither, we have been back about three weeks! we had already paid our sail and sign and they have now took it two more times!!!!

i tried that 1888carnival number and it didnt seem to work for me... god i'm so angry its probably a good thing i cant get in touch with them yet

Here's another number I found on an email. Not sure if it's general or for the PVPs but they should be able to tell you what number to call or transfer you to the correct department.

1-800-819-3902

If my credit card company would not assist in something like this, I think I'd look for another company. They should be able to see that there are three identical charges posted and at least look in to it.

If my credit card company would not assist in something like this, I think I'd look for another company. They should be able to see that there are three identical charges posted and at least look in to it.

Exactly!!! That is why I love my Amex, they will remove a charge immediately and only reinstate when the vendor can prove it...

Call your credit card company back and ask to speak to a supervisor. If it is the same dollar value on all 3 charges, they should be able to recognize that it is a duplicate charge. The problem may not be with Carnival but your credit card company. I had made some on-line purchases using one of my credit cards. I just happened to be looking at my statement on-line and noticed that every one of the charges had been duplicated. Called the credit card company, and it was a glitch in their system. On a couple of days, their computer got crazy and duplicated EVERYTHING that hit its system. Two days later, I checked my on-line statement again, and the duplicated charges had been reversed.

tried that too, they said to contact carnival!

That doesn't sound right. The rare times I've had to dispute a billing, I was given clear procedures on how to dispute the billing, and was credited as soon as the written letter made it to the credit card company dispute department.

I would be asking the credit card company why they not following standard procedures. I would also be asking the credit card company for signed receipts for the multiple postings, and ask them to ensure they are not the same bill repeatedly presented. As a business owner, I would occasionaly be requested by a credit card company to fax them a copy of the signed authorization. In the mean time, the posting was held in abeyance until I faxed them the signed receipt to prove an authentic transaction.

APPPARENTLY...

carnival places holds on your cc when you embark (this we knew)...

we paid our bill 50 cash/ 50 cc

the pending charges were never removed from our account...

the twice thing nobody knows what happened though.. but carnival are on the phone with citibank as we speak.

to think, we was going to book another cruise with carnival today in the big "sale" but wont be bothering now! Put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to be honest... i wouldnt mind but we spent over two grand just on the boat! the buggers.

Perhaps you might want to cut a little slack for Carnival, if they are on the phone with your credit card company fixing the problem. Mistakes and goof ups happen. I put a lot of value in who does what to fix the situation, and how fast they respond once they realize what is messed up. An honorable business will try to put things right as soon as they can once it becomes clear there is a problem.

You may not realize it, but restaurants, car rental agencys, and gas stations also put holds on your credit card for a pending transaction.:cool:

Good point Flynrph. As I stated in my post concerning duplicated charges, it wasn't the fault of the companies that I had done business with, but the computer at the credit card company. I would give Carnival the benefit of the doubt until it has been determined what caused the entirety of the problem. And if it turns out that it was Carnival's fault, they might offer you a discount or OBC for your trouble. You can always ask.

Exactly!!! That is why I love my Amex, they will remove a charge immediately and only reinstate when the vendor can prove it...

I agree! Love Amex - they always take "our" side plus it pays for our Christmas every year with reward points.:D

Pixie

Archived