Port of Long Beach Lodging

nucrewzers

Looking for a recommendation for an overnight stay close to the terminal. :) Thanks!

The Coast Hotel, you have a balcony view of the Pride or Paradise pulling in around 5:50am and a cool view of the Queen Mary. 9PM you have Fire Works over the Queen Mary. You can take a Water Taxi over to Long Beach Seaport and have a nice dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and check out the shops. If you are driving down, they have a Park and Sail package also. The Coast will shuttle you over to the Cruise Terminal free of charge.

Heres my Live from The Coast Hotel thread, the WIFI is free: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=410536

Fred

Looking for a recommendation for an overnight stay close to the terminal. :) Thanks!

Always stay at the Queen Mary. It's cool to stay on an old cruise ship, it's cheap, and you get to check in for your cruise at the hotel and it's less than a 50yd walk to the Carnival ships from the Queen Mary.

I concur...we were just on the Pride May 13-20 and stayed at the Coast Hotel the night before. We had a patio room that had a great view of the Queen Mary and harbor. The view at night was breathtaking, but the view of the Pride coming in on Sunday morning was even better! We drove down from Las Vegas, checked in, parked the car, and didn't move it again until we returned from the cruise. We hopped on the Aqua Bus and over to Bubba Gumps for late lunch. The shuttles are great, too. They got us around the harbor and back to the Coast later that day. There were some that thought the price we paid was steep ($230, including taxes through AAA) but I thought it was well worth it...a room with a beautiful patio view, close to attractions, included breakfast buffet for two, parking while on the cruise, and shuttle service to and back from the terminal. Plus, everyone there was very friendly.

Depends on what you are looking for and what your budget it. You don't mention if you are flying or driving. We are always on a budget and we stayed at the Best Western. It wasn't fancy - but it worked for one night and included parking. 1/2 the price of the Coast Hotel. It was fine for what we paid. It is the first time I haven't been able to see my ship from the hotel room - which was kind of odd. But again - it was a budget thing and it was fine.

This year, I won the Hyatt Regency (4-star) on Priceline for $58. Couple that with parking at the pier and it is still a good deal. I have gift certificates earned from an earning website and will use those to pay for parking at the Hyatt and not incur any more costs that way - other than the taxi to the port.

When we sailed out of San Pedro the year before, our friend stayed at the Coast Hotel and the window of his Suburban was broken out. It is the only incident I have heard of there, but none the less it happened.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Queen Mary. But may book it as part of the surprise mini-cruise I am booking for my family - even though we are sailing out of San Pedro. We will see....

If you are flying and not needing to worry about parking - then Priceline might be a good option for you.

Archived