POA - Children IDs

MisterE

We leave on the POA in less than two weeks, and we just found out that our boys' ID cards will not be ready in time. Passports are out of the question at nearly $400 each to includes fees and rush charges.

The question is, how strict is NCLA regarding picture IDs on boarding the POA? We have birth certificates and (old) school IDs, but nothing else formal. Can anyone who has boarded in Honolulu advise as to whether or not school IDs will or will not be acceptable? I called NCL in Florida and didn't get a very comforting answer.

Thank you all.

David, Donna, Darren and Dustin

I think the requirement is 16 or less doesn't need them.

here is the TSA(the checkpoint people's) website link for cruises and

it says that 16 and under don't need picture ids

http://www.iccl.org/pressroom/security.cfm

this is from another posting I did. also check the NCLA site and here is what it says

PROOF OF IDENTITY consists of one of the following (applicable to everyone 16 years of age and older):

Valid driver's license that includes a photograph

Government identification card including a photograph and physical description

We leave on the POA in less than two weeks, and we just found out that our boys' ID cards will not be ready in time. Passports are out of the question at nearly $400 each to includes fees and rush charges.

The question is, how strict is NCLA regarding picture IDs on boarding the POA? We have birth certificates and (old) school IDs, but nothing else formal. Can anyone who has boarded in Honolulu advise as to whether or not school IDs will or will not be acceptable? I called NCL in Florida and didn't get a very comforting answer.

Thank you all.

David, Donna, Darren and Dustin

How old are the kids. Under 16 I believe the old school ids will be fine with the B.C.s

The boys are 17 and 18, no driver licenses or government-issued ID's. We had applied at the DMV six weeks ago for IDs, (California is the only state that doesn't issue them immediately) and they (the DMV) screwed up losing their pictures. We just now had them retaken, but it still needs to be processed by Arnold in Sacramento, and they can give no guarantee that we will get it in a week or six weeks. Passports would run close to $400 each for rush fees as far as I can see, so I would rather not go through that hassel and cost.

Question is if we have their school ID cards (even bring the yearbooks) along with their birth certificates (maybe even a CostCo card?) would they be allowed to board. I am more concerned about the 18 year old, who looks in his twenties, and we can no longer vouch legally for. (In fact, the DMV would only talk with him.)

Thanks all. Just one more thing to worry about.

David, Donna, Darren and Dustin (of yes, and the 9-year-old puppy, Dexter)

The boys are 17 and 18, no driver licenses or government-issued ID's. Thanks all. Just one more thing to worry about.

David, Donna, Darren and Dustin (of yes, and the 9-year-old puppy, Dexter)

D s

In this post 9/11 world I would think no ID good chance they will be denied boarding. You can risk it but the cost of the cruise is at risk. $400 is a lot of $ but having a passport is a good thing. They last for years and I bet before long they will be required for travel.

POA is different animal since you never leave the country. Not sure you will get on a plane without the correct documentation to see the ship leave without them.

Nothing to worry about, right :D

Archived