Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Sailing November 18,2008 on the Liberty 6 days

Anyone else online yet who's going. We are a large family of seven children and 11 adults. Need all the help we can get. We will be glad to be with DJ on his last trip and hope to have a lot of fun. Any info on what to do in Nassau?

Thanks

here is the roll call board for Liberty- check for your sailing and if there isnt one- start one. Its a holidy sailing so you willhave lots of families with kids..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=334

-

there is also a port of calls board when you are on the main page that will help you with whatto do in various ports.

Hey everyone!

I just registered here and wanted to of course say HI.

I am sailing my second cruise Dec 16 to the West. Carribean on Liberty.

My first cruise (4day on the Imagination got me hooked adn now im following in the footsteps of my parents..although they are avid Princess Cruisers)

My question is about a room...i booked OV Gaur b/c the price was incredible!! I just looked and they have us in 7202..in the very front on the Empress Deck...I dont get sea sick so rocking wont bother me (haha fun fact...on my first cruise i was not expecting it to be so rocky that the first nite people must of thought i was so drunk off my hiney cuz i could not stand still LoL:p ) ANYWHOOO...its an obstructed view...and im guessing it's because there looks to be like a deck area or something infront of us....i read somewhere that this deck is for the floor only and its never used so its almost like a private balcony for the 6 rooms in the front....anyone know more about the front facing obstructed views?

Hey everyone!

I just registered here and wanted to of course say HI.

I am sailing my second cruise Dec 16 to the West. Carribean on Liberty.

My first cruise (4day on the Imagination got me hooked adn now im following in the footsteps of my parents..although they are avid Princess Cruisers)

My question is about a room...i booked OV Gaur b/c the price was incredible!! I just looked and they have us in 7202..in the very front on the Empress Deck...I dont get sea sick so rocking wont bother me (haha fun fact...on my first cruise i was not expecting it to be so rocky that the first nite people must of thought i was so drunk off my hiney cuz i could not stand still LoL:p ) ANYWHOOO...its an obstructed view...and im guessing it's because there looks to be like a deck area or something infront of us....i read somewhere that this deck is for the floor only and its never used so its almost like a private balcony for the 6 rooms in the front....anyone know more about the front facing obstructed views?

Hi there! I was just in room 7204 a couple weeks ago. I believe that the first thing to know is room 7202 is a "handicap" room. I am not sure if you are traveling with just a friend or with someone special. If you are traveling w/ someone special you should know the beds will not push together in this room. You will each have to sleep seperately. As for the obstructed view and the deck. You can look out the window and first see the deck and the wall of the deck which is probably about 4.5 feet tall. But as long as you are standing up you can see over the railing and see the beautiful view in front of you. And this is also true that the deck is almost like having your own private deck. I used it many times and on most occasions was the only person out there. One cool thing is the bridge is just above and you can always look up and see the Captain and crew. They are friendly and wave! I will say at times it gets a bit windy out there and also quite slippery. Make sure to wear shoes w/ good traction on this deck as myself and my friends slipped around out there a few times! If you have the same rooms stewards as I did you will LOVE them. I had Denali and Pavlo. They are just wonderful and part of what I miss most about my trip! Have fun!!

oh no it is??

thats not good :(

I'll hafta call and play nice so hopefully they can switch rooms...i liek the location, but this is our vacation "together" we both work such hectic schedules on opposite sides of town..it would be nice to cuddle together and not play lets lay on our separete beds and stare at eachother haha.

thanks for the heads up!! :D

) ANYWHOOO...its an obstructed view...and im guessing it's because there looks to be like a deck area or something infront of us....i read somewhere that this deck is for the floor only and its never used so its almost like a private balcony for the 6 rooms in the front....anyone know more about the front facing obstructed views?

The front deck can be used by anyone... how will they determine who sleeps on deck 6?

There will be a door on either side of the ship. Anyone can access out to the front. Very few people know its there. The two cabins on the ends are handicapped cabins. * donotes the beds can not be pushed to gether and sit head board to headboard. Call your agent and ask to be switched out. You took the chance by booking a gurantee cabin.. You took an opceanview guarantee. and got an oceanview room on one of the best decks.

--

the other oceanview cabins are on the riveria or main deck.

thats what i thought...when i looked at the deck layout i saw the * for the 2 handicap rooms on the side...our room 7202 was in the middle and had no marking so i figured we were okay with the 2 twins that can convert to a King...I will still call just to make sure...i really like the location and hope we can stay.

thanks for all the help :)

Hi There,

The dining room was not open for lunch on sea days. It was open for breakfast. It opened pretty early on the port days so you could eat before going ashore.

We ate in the dinning room on the last sea day---it was also open for lunch on this day--tho we did not eat there for lunch.

Hi There,

The dining room was not open for lunch on sea days. It was open for breakfast. It opened pretty early on the port days so you could eat before going ashore.

I think you misspoke. The dining room:

Breakfast- open EVERY Day

Dinner- open EVERY Day

Lunch- OPEN on SEA DAYS

CLOSED on PORT DAYS

Hi.... It was late last night and I said the opposite of what I meant. I wanted to say the dining room was not open for lunch on port days. It was open on all sea days. The dining room was open for breakfast every day. Sorry for the confusion!

Can someone tell me if we can open all balcony dividers from 74442-7448?

Im gonna say no. I think the cabin #7446 will have the metal divider instead of a door. and 44 looks like the divider will open to the cabin door.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2366584680086603082fgyFtV

Does anyone know if there are vcrs or dvd players or hookups on the tvs for portable dvd players on the tvs? We will be in an inside cabin. I've read where they have some of this stuff in the more costly cabins, but I thought I would ask?

Also are the tvs old school square boxes or newer models (flat screens/plasmas)?

Does anyone know if there are vcrs or dvd players or hookups on the tvs for portable dvd players on the tvs? We will be in an inside cabin. I've read where they have some of this stuff in the more costly cabins, but I thought I would ask?

Also are the tvs old school square boxes or newer models (flat screens/plasmas)?

We had a 9A and I was very surprised to see a combo VCR/DVD player in the cabin. That stuff is usually only in the suites.

The TVs are the old school boxes, I'm afraid. Looked to be a 19". There were hookups in front of the TV.

281906952nsHthd_th.jpg

I dont know if you are aware that there is only one outlet in the cabin which is located by the vanity. Take an extension cord. (we used a power plug- surge protector)

Looking For A Little Help Here Guys, I Just Booked My First 9a Wrap On The Upper Deck Cabin 6483 Is This The Deck That You Can Look Down From The Higher Decks To See My Balcony ? Im Thinking It Is But Not Sure. Can Someone Conferm That For Me ?

Have Any Of You Had This Cabin Or 6452 ? 6452 Is The Same Cabin But At The Port Side. Any Regrets ?

I Think I Have Turned Into A Balcony Snob, We Had Our First Balcony This Year On The Pride Now I Dont Know If I Can Go Back Inside

Thanks For Any Help You Can Give

Looking For A Little Help Here Guys, I Just Booked My First 9a Wrap On The Upper Deck Cabin 6483 Is This The Deck That You Can Look Down From The Higher Decks To See My Balcony ? Im Thinking It Is But Not Sure. Can Someone Conferm That For Me ?

Have Any Of You Had This Cabin Or 6452 ? 6452 Is The Same Cabin But At The Port Side. Any Regrets ?

Yes i have had cabin 6452, we will be very happy with it, i have also been on the wrap in deck 8, and i know the cabins are supposed to be the same size but the deck 6 wraps lokk so much bigger on the inside.

The balcony has a larger overhand and you will not be able to see people from the upper decks unless you lean over the railing.

So no, people will not see you.

Yes i have had cabin 6452, we will be very happy with it, i have also been on the wrap in deck 8, and i know the cabins are supposed to be the same size but the deck 6 wraps lokk so much bigger on the inside.

The balcony has a larger overhand and you will not be able to see people from the upper decks unless you lean over the railing.

Thank you, I feel better about it allready:)

Ps. Enjoy the Elation, we loved that ship, we sailed her when she was working out of Galveston Tx. Have a great cruise

The deck 6 wraps do seem a lot bigger on the inside, but the balcony on 8 is better, IMO.

Also, just an FYI, on the aft, when your neighbors are on their balcony at the railing, and they turn to look at something to the left or right, they will have a full view of your balcony if they're by the divider.

I must say that I had a lot of free time on my hands today, because I just read this entire thread and all of the posted replys. I am sailing on the Liberty leaving FLL on December 30th. Celebrating New Years Eve at sea. I am just excited that I can't hardly wait. This will be my second cruise. I took a 4 day on the Holiday last year..sort of an introductory cruise and now I am completly "HOOKED". This site has helped me answer so many questions about this ship and Carnival in general. Keep the great info coming.... I LOVE IT!!

Trish

I booked an inside Gty and I have been assigned room 6333 is this a good room? The next trip I will book a balcony room.

Its an inside cabin that sleeps 4 people. 2 upper and 2 lowers. (if you dont need the uppers they wont be pulled out. Inside cabins are extremly dark. (take a night light)

(Wish I can cruise during New Years Eve-- those sailings sound pretty awesome)

Archived