Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Whatever else you do make sure you go to Harry's - it is $30.00 a head extra but it is an experience of a life time and food is awesome. Ayone else been to the restaurants on the ships ie: Nick and Nora's etc.

I been to Harrys' Nick and Noras on Miracle. Scarlets on the Legend. (? I think?)

the menu is all the same. the fee is always the same-- (except on the Legend it was only $25.00 bucks and that was a few years ago.

We will be on the Liberty 8 day Feb. 2nd. Super Bowl is Sunday the 3rd. I know they will show it on the big screen (this is my 3rd Super Bowl cruise) but do you think they will still have formal night? I'd hate to miss a good meal but I will be wearing my Steeler's jersey - not a gown lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gang-

I've noticed a lot of people have recently come back from the Liberty and have been posting reviews on the boards. Anyone want to add any specific info to the Liberty Thread that we have going here? Favorite places on the ship? Things that you loved? Feel free to add it here.

Thanks!!

We will be on the Liberty 8 day Feb. 2nd. Super Bowl is Sunday the 3rd. I know they will show it on the big screen (this is my 3rd Super Bowl cruise) but do you think they will still have formal night? I'd hate to miss a good meal but I will be wearing my Steeler's jersey - not a gown lol

formal night will still be sunday- please report when you get back.

(if wanting to watch it on the BIG screen- better head there early to grab a seat. -

Off the Liberty last week 8 day to Panama, great cruise great ship. The Duo in the Atruim lounge are great. We had our kids 20 + 23 we all had a great time. The shows were good. The cruise director is James with his sidekick Alfie. Food was great esp. the deli Rubens, also tried the Mongolian grill it was also good. OK We like to eat all the food was good. The "cover band" Music Society was good. Look for them in the Victorian Lounge its above the silver dining room. Some good entertainment there with small crowds. I could go on and on. We kept copies of the Capers. Ready to go again.

:cool: :cool: We are doing the Panama Feb 16th - what can you tell us about it. We are past cruisers so know ins and outs of cruising (already booked Harry's) but what about excursions - did you any and how were they and the cost. Our kids are 23 and 20 as well - so this will be an apples to apples comparison. We are staying on Upper deck (balcony) kids across the hall (interior) Hey, we are paying so we get dibs, right. Thanks for any info you can send. If you prefer you can email me directly at

dcml@shaw.ca Thanks Cindy:cool: :cool:

This will be my first time on the Liberty (2/24/08) so I am not familiar with the ship, tho I have been checking out the decks plans, etc. Thru the roll call board, a few of us have been chatting and would like to meet up and introduce ourselves. Can any of you who have sailed her before suggest a public location (bar area or pool area) which would work out? Right now there are about 10 people involved. Thanks for any suggestions:)

Linda

This will be my first time on the Liberty (2/24/08) so I am not familiar with the ship, tho I have been checking out the decks plans, etc. Thru the roll call board, a few of us have been chatting and would like to meet up and introduce ourselves. Can any of you who have sailed her before suggest a public location (bar area or pool area) which would work out? Right now there are about 10 people involved. Thanks for any suggestions:)

Linda

We're meeting at the aft bar on the lido deck. By the pizza. Many people told us that's a real good place to meet.

In June, our group also met at the pizza area on the aft part of the ship by the pool. It's not a bad location, however, depending on the time of day that you plan to meet, it might be somewhat crowded with people either sunbathing/relaxing or eating pizza. If you are meeting during the day, the main lobby area of the ship was usually pretty empty during the day and would be an easy spot. (Of course, this also forces you to be inside.) No matter where you meet, I would highly suggest that someone bring some sort of a sign saying "Cruise Critic". We had a pretty good sized group that was supposed to meet by the pizza area, but since it was around 10am or so when we met, there were already a bunch of people in that area lounging/eating. It made it somewhat confusing as to who might be with our group and who wasn't. We eventually wrote on a piece of paper and taped it to a pole by our table, but it was probably too late to advertise our meeting by then. I think we probably had many members who came by and didn't know it was us sitting at that table and so they just kept walking. We probably just looked like a family or friends relaxing by the pool and having drinks.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck with your cruise! The Liberty is my all-time favorite cruise ship so far (been on 5) and I would sail her again in a heartbeat! I'm jealous and wish I could go with you!

-Karin

Yup, I would say my biggest disappointment of my Liberty cruise was that everyone on our roll call (okay, maybe not "everyone" but most of the people) said they would come to our meet and greet. Instead, there ended up being about 5-7 of us there and it was somewhat of a let-down. -Not that I didn't enjoy meeting the members that DID show up, because they were great! But I had been so looking forward to putting a face with the name on Cruise Critic, for so long, that it was a bit of a bummer when it didn't turn out so well. Again, it's our fault for not being organized and having a sign/name tags/or a certain item (flower lei's, crazy hats, etc) to designate who we were so that you couldn't miss us. Lesson learned for next time, I suppose!!

Enjoy your cruise! My next one isn't until November 2008 on the Freedom......so far away!!

You can also frequently find menus and capers for the various ships by visiting webshots (www.webshots.com) and doing a search for your ship name (ie: "Carnival Liberty" and "menu") or "Carnival Liberty" and "capers"....they aren't all out there but many times, for most ships, you will turn something up.

Good luck!!

Does anyone have the menus for a 7 night cruise, as well as the menu for Harry's? Also, which nites are the formal nites on a 7 nite Western? Help! Thanks!

because the Liberty is still sailing at either 6 or 8 days no one has sailed a 7 day cruise yet- so no one will know when the formal nights are.

Harrys menu is fleetwide so what you see online for any of the supper clubs will be what is on the menu when you sail.

I have read on these boards that reservations for Harry's can be made online. We would like to pick our table so should we wait unitl we get on the ship to make our reservations? Can we make our reservations online and when we get on the ship go the Harry's and pick our table?

Thanks

I have read on these boards that reservations for Harry's can be made online. We would like to pick our table so should we wait unitl we get on the ship to make our reservations? Can we make our reservations online and when we get on the ship go the Harry's and pick our table?

Thanks

I dont know about that- I do know that BEFORE reservations were taken online--IF you got to the Supper Club eraly enough you could request a certain table. Now that reservations are being taken online I dont know if they are doing that.

If you can--avoid the corner tables-- way too dark and not enough light to see the menu. Sitting at the windows on the spirit calss ship--people can look in and see you.

Just got off the Liberty on December 16th and our Meet and Greet took place just outside the Silver Dining Room on our first Sea Day. This was our first full day on the ship so it worked out well. Everyone had Saturday to explore and then we had lunch together on Sunday. While we expected many more, about 12 showed up and we really enjoyed meeting and putting a face to the name. Throughout the week we continued to bump into each other and we met again the last sea day. About 6 of us showed up that day but it was still fun and Mike and I really enjoyed spending time with "Waterboy" and his wife that day. Meeting at the dining room worked out well. We set a 12:30 meet time and met in the elevator lobby right outside the dining room. We didn't need any signs, you couldn't miss us!! As each person approached the group, someone knew who you were!! They called me by name and I had never met any of them before! I guess the fact that Mike and I top out at 5'4" and 5'1" respectively helped with the identification process!!! :)

Anyway, definitely meet up, no matter how many show. Enjoy the Liberty, she is a beautiful ship!!

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I've gotten several ideas for locations and will definitely make sure that I post a sign in the location we finally choose so we can be easily located. We will be wearing something distinctive - either feather boas or hawaiian leis :eek: so we can all find each other! I'll be going back to the roll call thread and pass on the info to the others. Hope you all enjoy your cruises and I'm really looking forward to mine!

Linda

Archived