Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

I've been on 2 cruises with Carnival, and both ships had an adults-only deck for sunbathing. It's so nice if you're not into having unsupervised children running past you and yelling while you're trying to relax... anybody know if Liberty has a deck like this, & if so, where is it located?

I've been on 2 cruises with Carnival, and both ships had an adults-only deck for sunbathing. It's so nice if you're not into having unsupervised children running past you and yelling while you're trying to relax... anybody know if Liberty has a deck like this, & if so, where is it located?

Yes, they have one. It is above the volleyball court in front of the stack. You can get a great view of the waterslide and lido deck from there. Very hot and a lot of stairs to climb down to get a water refill but quiet none the less.

After Liberty comes out of dry dock, rumor is that they are changing one of the pools into an adult only pool and area. If they would only make them smoke free as well that would be awesome. Nothing more gross than trying to sit around the pool and all you can smell is cigarette smoke.

Yes, they have one. It is above the volleyball court in front of the stack. You can get a great view of the waterslide and lido deck from there. Very hot and a lot of stairs to climb down to get a water refill but quiet none the less.

After Liberty comes out of dry dock, rumor is that they are changing one of the pools into an adult only pool and area. If they would only make them smoke free as well that would be awesome. Nothing more gross than trying to sit around the pool and all you can smell is cigarette smoke.

Awesome, thanks!

Another question - I've seen a couple people mention that after you book your trip, you can see on the website which cabins are taken and which are available... Anyone know where I can find this info?

Sorry, I just realized there's so much info here & I'm full of questions now :D

Awesome, thanks!

Another question - I've seen a couple people mention that after you book your trip, you can see on the website which cabins are taken and which are available... Anyone know where I can find this info?

you dont have to be booked to see such information- Only you dont get to see EVERY cabin that is available in any given category.

go to carnival web page and clickon funship-- click on the ship you are interested in-- then scroll to the bottom of that screen to book a cruise for the week that interests you.

You will make believe to book a cruise and take it to the end to see whats available- by changing the number of people in one cabin will show you other cabins available BUT you will only see 7-9 cabins at any given time.

If they would only make them smoke free as well that would be awesome. Nothing more gross than trying to sit around the pool and all you can smell is cigarette smoke.

Only one side is supposed to be smoking where the other side is smoke free.

you dont have to be booked to see such information- Only you dont get to see EVERY cabin that is available in any given category.

go to carnival web page and clickon funship-- click on the ship you are interested in-- then scroll to the bottom of that screen to book a cruise for the week that interests you.

You will make believe to book a cruise and take it to the end to see whats available- by changing the number of people in one cabin will show you other cabins available BUT you will only see 7-9 cabins at any given time.

Gotcha, thanks! I'm gonna check it out now :)

I'm not a smoker, but my bil is. He is joining us for his first cruise next February. He only smokes cigars, after dinner, and is looking forward to smoking on on his balcony at night. Is this allowed? I believe there is no smoking in the cabins, but I thought I remembered people smoking on their balconies on our other cruises.

He would much prefer to smoke out on his balcony than in the cigar club, although, I'm sure he'll check that out too!

Thanks for the help!

An aft balcony... anybody know anything about this one?

located right under the lido deck-- you MIGHT hear scraping of chairs etc.

try to go lower--empress being the best.

We have stayed on deck 6 on different ships so no worry about that lounge there. cabin is over seating in the lounge and away from the stage.

email mne at serene56@aol.com

I'm not a smoker, but my bil is. He is joining us for his first cruise next February. He only smokes cigars, after dinner, and is looking forward to smoking on on his balcony at night. Is this allowed? I believe there is no smoking in the cabins, but I thought I remembered people smoking on their balconies on our other cruises.

He would much prefer to smoke out on his balcony than in the cigar club, although, I'm sure he'll check that out too!

Thanks for the help!

The Liberty has a Cigar bar that is awesome. When in there iwill be a string quartet or a jazz band that plays. Male family members headed here every night after dinner.

You are allowed to smoke in the cabins but not cigars. And it is allowed on the balcony- but be courteous to his neighbors - if you have a side balcony that cigar smell will drift down the side of the ship.

Awesome, thanks!

If you go to travelocity and go thru the motions of booking, it will show you the deck plan of the category you picked and will show which cabins are available. This is pretty accurate, from what I can tell. If you actually clicked on a cabin and went to the next stage to see what the final cost is, if you then cancelled and went back in, the cabin that you had clicked on won't show up for a while as it assumes it has been taken.

Cruising on the Liberty on 04/12/08 - Can't wait!!!!

We just returned again from the Liberty, and had a blast. We had a great meet and greet. Met lots of niece people. I think the Liberty has the best piano bar, better then any ship I have been on. I think his name is Vince. He was so good. He was playing songs on the piano that I didn't know could be played on the piano. It was a very busy place.

I also want to say hi to DJ Eddie. We spent the night in the disco, when the 70's and 80's music was being played. We had a fun time, and did lots of dancing. It is a great ship.

We also just returned from Liberty...so sad, can't wait for the next one! Vince was awesome in the Piano bar. Not to be missed! His rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody tore the roof off the place!!!! Damian's performance of last summer was PALE by comparison. Vince loves to ROCK it out.

He is very modest & talented.

I posted this as a general post, but adding to the liberty thread too.

As we were waiting to disembark, I noticed a crane with some large packages beside it. On the side of them, it said "mini golf - Liberty deck 12". There was a crew standing by to start installing it as we left. I suspect that anyone reading this will have an operational mini golf on deck 12 when they sail.

I posted this as a general post, but adding to the liberty thread too.

As we were waiting to disembark, I noticed a crane with some large packages beside it. On the side of them, it said "mini golf - Liberty deck 12". There was a crew standing by to start installing it as we left. I suspect that anyone reading this will have an operational mini golf on deck 12 when they sail.

I have been wondering if there were getting a mini golf. Thanks

so much for posting. We sail in November. YIPPIE!

Guest Mary49
We just returned again from the Liberty, and had a blast. We had a great meet and greet. Met lots of niece people. I think the Liberty has the best piano bar, better then any ship I have been on. I think his name is Vince. He was so good. He was playing songs on the piano that I didn't know could be played on the piano. It was a very busy place.

I also want to say hi to DJ Eddie. We spent the night in the disco, when the 70's and 80's music was being played. We had a fun time, and did lots of dancing. It is a great ship.

Could you tell me if "Music Boardwalk" was on your cruise? Would appreciate it. Glad you had a good time.

Where is the Movie Screen on the Liberty? I think I read it was on Lido deck but approximately where? We are in an aft balcony on Verandah - I realize there can be noise due to chairs being moved, deck cleaned etc - have been on this deck on other ships before. Just wondering if there will be additional noise from the movies playing.

Thanks,

Where is the Movie Screen on the Liberty? I think I read it was on Lido deck but approximately where? We are in an aft balcony on Verandah - I realize there can be noise due to chairs being moved, deck cleaned etc - have been on this deck on other ships before. Just wondering if there will be additional noise from the movies playing.

Thanks,

You shouldn't be able to hear any movies that far back, you can't even hear it from the adult pool area above you.

The screen is on the front end of the lido buffet in front of the volleyball and basketball courts by the center pool.

The Music Boardwalk band (see above posts) sometimes plays right below the screen.

Archived