Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

I'll readily admit this is an odd request, but I'm going to make it anyway . . .

Now that Carnival Liberty will be sailing fresh from drydock, there were a (very) few things that I noticed on the ship a couple of weeks ago that I'm wondering if they've been resolved. If someone sailing soon could advise on current/new status it would be greatly appreciated. It's just dumb personal curiosity.

The water in the twister slide had the lowest pressure of any of that class of ship I'd ever been on, and it was weak enough that several sliders came to a complete stop in the tube and had to oooch their way down. Hoping that they got that plumbing issue resolved.

At the top of the atrium there is a gorgeous chandelier that constantly changes color, with each individual globe matching its neighbor. . . except for one. One stubborn globe refused to play the game, and remained Blue non-stop, 24/7. Wondering if they were able to recruit a new (and more cooperative) light now, and kicked the rebel to the curb. :p

At the top of the atrium there is a gorgeous chandelier that constantly changes color, with each individual globe matching its neighbor. . . except for one. One stubborn globe refused to play the game, and remained Blue non-stop, 24/7. Wondering if they were able to recruit a new (and more cooperative) light now, and kicked the rebel to the curb. :p

Lol we saw that as well! Obnoxious little thing it was, too!

atrium.jpg

Thanks so much for all the information. I will be sailing on the Liberty April 25th for 15 days from Miami to London. I don't know if the weather will be nice enough to use the outdoor movie screen. I am getting excited with all the good things I am reading about the ship!

Carolyn

I'll be on the Liberty for the Nov 1 sailing. I'm sure I won't be able to pass the chandlier without searching for that blue bulb. I'll be happy to report back if no one answers before I return.

As for the waterslide - that's just wrong. You can't have a waterslide without lots of water!! geeesh! I'll be interested to see if it's addressed in drydock.

hi Whenney-

We already went on the Liberty in June 2007 (last year)....it was the BEST CRUISE I have ever been on. The ship was incredible, our room was terrific (balcony room), the food was great, the shows were better than usual, the comedian was funny......no complaints whatsoever! And after reading some other posts, our waterslide WORKED. :p Again, all of this was in June 2007 so it was over a year ago but it was by far, the best cruise we have been on yet.

Going on the Freedom in just a couple weeks and I am looking forward to it!

I was on the second last cruise before dry dock and I did see the waterslide acting a little slugish at times, but I think the cause is that the sides stay dry and grabby until a few adults in wet bathing suits go down. After that everybody seemed to fly down.

P1060532-1.jpg[/img]

I need help with Harry's! I would like to book, but want to book on an evening when we don't care for what is being served in the dining room(and I would like to do it before we get on the ship- since we also have to wait to book our shore excursions then too, long story!) How can we find out the menu in the dining room for the week? Is there someone we can email? Is it always the same? We sail in two weeks- Oct 25. Thanks!

I need help with Harry's! I would like to book, but want to book on an evening when we don't care for what is being served in the dining room(and I would like to do it before we get on the ship- since we also have to wait to book our shore excursions then too, long story!) How can we find out the menu in the dining room for the week? Is there someone we can email? Is it always the same? We sail in two weeks- Oct 25. Thanks!

I was just there... I mean at a website that has the EXACT menu we had on the Liberty. Lemme see if I can find it again.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/menus1.htm

While this is the 8-day menu for the Splendor, the FIRST SEVEN DAYS are exactly what we had on Liberty (western) on 9-13 to 9-20.

All I can say is try not to schedule Harry's on the last night of the cruise. We did that and while we LOVED Harry's, I'll never miss the "goodbye" in the dining room again!

ENJOY Harry's... it is beyond wonderful.

Does anyone know why you can not book any Spa deck state rooms at this time, for any sailing?

You can book by calling for one. It is my understanding that spa deck cabins are non smoking and by booking online people just are not aware of it coz they dont read the fine print-- get onboard and are mighty pissed.

By calling someone on the other end will be explaining this to interested parties.

Does anyone know if the Liberty recognizes island time or EST while in St. Thomas? I believe that St. Thomas time is one hour ahead. We will be in St. Thomas right after the change from daylight savings time.

Not sure. What I know is that on our cruise the ship changed times. They changed it when we got to Cozumel (back an hour) and then we changed it when we left Jamaica (forward an hour).

Just guessing, but I'll bet they change times to "local" time, making it "ship" time.

This post wil be for the ladies, and it doesn't matter if your single or taken, young or old, you MUST check out the maitre'd of the Golden Restaurant, Alex. OH MY GAWD, hot hot hot, and drop dead handsome!!!! Oh ya, he had us at "good evening" at our table the first night!!!! Damn, he is hot, and ladies, he DOES work out, if you get a chance, get a photo in his dress whites and feel those strong arms...oh ya.....

Sadly, I didn't get to many photos of him as we didn't like our table and they found a better table for us in he back dining room. We missed out on five nights of Alex oogling....

FYI--I am not a teenager or in my early 20's...no, I'm 39, but my mind is still in my 20's!!!!!

*sigh* I do hope he transfers to the Valor, pleaaaaaaase transfer to he Valor!!! Or Freedom for April or do something even better, Next September jump to the Splendor with the CD Steve (who is very sweet on the eyes and very funny!!!)

Does anyone know if the Liberty recognizes island time or EST while in St. Thomas? I believe that St. Thomas time is one hour ahead. We will be in St. Thomas right after the change from daylight savings time.

I believe last year when we went they were on EST while we were in St. Thomas. In fact, I think we were on EST for all of our stops (San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau). I'm not positive but I am fairly certain that was the case.

Enjoy your trip! It was my favorite cruise and favorite ship!

I took a peek at the menu posted for the spendor but another poster said it was same one just on liberty. Menus seem to have changed since I last cruised in 2006. They went, at least im almost certain, starter.. salads.. main course, dessert. now it seems they have starters and salads combined, then main courses.

Are people ordering either a starter or a salad now but not both? i know you can order what you wish but im thinking Carnival changed it for some reason, combining salads with starters rather than separating them and people for the most part ordering one of each...

Menus ARE fleetwide- dining room/buffet and supper clubs- each ship is different but the menu is the same.

if you order a salad and a soup-- one will be brought out at a time.. You wont have a soup AND a salad at the same time.

This post wil be for the ladies, and it doesn't matter if your single or taken, young or old, you MUST check out the maitre'd of the Golden Restaurant, Alex. OH MY GAWD, hot hot hot, and drop dead handsome!!!! Oh ya, he had us at "good evening" at our table the first night!!!! Damn, he is hot, and ladies, he DOES work out, if you get a chance, get a photo in his dress whites and feel those strong arms...oh ya.....

I sailed the Libery in march of this year, the 2 Ass't Maitre'd from Russia were gorgous too. Dont know if they are still on the ship, but they had the guys at my table with tongues hanging out.

I sailed the Libery in march of this year, the 2 Ass't Maitre'd from Russia were gorgous too. Dont know if they are still on the ship, but they had the guys at my table with tongues hanging out.

I sailed the Liberty in June 2007 and loved it. -Now I am tempted to book it again because obviously I didn't pay close enough attention to the staff while I was on board! :eek:

Archived