Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

So the official word on the formal nights on the Liberty Western route is that they are Sunday night and Thursday night? I read a couple other posts here that said one of the nights was Monday not Sunday. Just finalizing when to book Harrys...

I sailed the Libery in march of this year, the 2 Ass't Maitre'd from Russia were gorgous too. Dont know if they are still on the ship, but they had the guys at my table with tongues hanging out.

Uhm, let me see, was he really tall--6foot something, bald, very nice smile (and teeth), and muscular (oh ya). He could be the one. Alex is now the maitre'd not assisant :D and he is Lithuanian, so from a breakaway Russian state

I sure hope he is transferred to the Valor!

So the official word on the formal nights on the Liberty Western route is that they are Sunday night and Thursday night? I read a couple other posts here that said one of the nights was Monday not Sunday. Just finalizing when to book Harrys...

when reading reviews-- make sure you are looking at a same cruise as you will be on- We sailed the Liberty twice- Both times leaving on a Sunday--which the formal nights were on a Monday the second sailing -- and Tuesday the first sailing.

depends if the next day after getting onboard is your sea day or not.

formal night will not be on two port days in one given week cruise.

For your cruise on this Oct 25th-- your formal nights will be Sunday (sea Day) and Thursday (ocho rios il 3:30)

Thank you! So far I have booked Harrys for 2 nights but I am considering a third! I have heard two things about the $30 pp charge. One is that this is basically the gratuity, the other is that you should leave a gratuity. Now I know that I CAN leave a gratuity, but if the $30 pp truly is a gratuity then I think that is more than generous. But how do you know? I would want to make sure the waitstaff is taken care of? Anyone know? I guess just err on the side of kindness and leave more money for gratuity? Uggh!!!

Thank you! So far I have booked Harrys for 2 nights but I am considering a third! I have heard two things about the $30 pp charge. One is that this is basically the gratuity, the other is that you should leave a gratuity. Now I know that I CAN leave a gratuity, but if the $30 pp truly is a gratuity then I think that is more than generous. But how do you know? I would want to make sure the waitstaff is taken care of? Anyone know? I guess just err on the side of kindness and leave more money for gratuity? Uggh!!!

We left a gratuity. I think the $30 is a service fee for eating that food--I don't think it goes specifically to the wait staff. It's like an upgrade in food options (to me).

ENJOY IT. We loved Harry's! YUM-O!

That is kind of how I looked at it, as in upgrade in food, but from what I have read it was a gratuity charge. Don't know where that came from, but I felt like it was a reliable source for some reason. Well, unless someone can really show me that it truly is a gratuity then I will plan on leaving one. : )

the 30 bucks pp is somewhat of a gratutity= what happens is all that 30 bucks goes in a pot and is split between the waiters/asst waiters/hostess/ wine stewards, bus people and anyone else that works in the supper clubs during the week.

Giving cash as a tip-- that person who served you "really" does keep that for him/herself.

Dumb question, but when you say giving cash as a tip, you mean actually giving "cash"? Not leaving a tip on our sail and sign card?

When we tipped at Harry's, we put it on our S&S card. When we gave money to our room steward, dining room barman, and head waiter (in addition to the auto tips) we gave cash in an envelope directly to them.

Hope that helps! You do know that wine and drinks in Harry's go on your S&S card, right? :)

ok, so anything I leave as cash will go to the server, if I put it on sail and sign they have to share? Is that correct?

Debbie,

As I understand it from others on CC:

If you remove your auto tips and pay cash, THAT is when they have to share. Other than that, those tips are theirs. Now, the head waiter has to share a bit with the assistant waiter (from auto tips) and such, but that's the way it always is with auto tips. Those people in the buffet area also get some sort of a cut from the headwaiter.

So cash as EXTRA if you choose and auto tips will go directly to your people. Don't take the auto tips off and then tip.

HTH,

Debbie,

As I understand it from others on CC:

If you remove your auto tips and pay cash, THAT is when they have to share. Other than that, those tips are theirs. Now, the head waiter has to share a bit with the assistant waiter (from auto tips) and such, but that's the way it always is with auto tips. Those people in the buffet area also get some sort of a cut from the headwaiter.

So cash as EXTRA if you choose and auto tips will go directly to your people. Don't take the auto tips off and then tip.

HTH,

your 10 bucks a day is broken down to head waiter/ asst waiter cabin steward and the lido buffet crew. The head waiter does not share his take. He gets his own as does the asst. You will find your head waiter and asst working the buffet from time to time.

Now the cabin steward might be sharing his/her share because they hire people to help them.

We're going on 11/1 and I'm into the roll call thread as well. Does anyone know what the formal days are? Also what happened to gala midnight buffet? I saw that it was taken off the Sprit and Victory wnated to know about the conquest class?

thanks

We're going on 11/1 and I'm into the roll call thread as well. Does anyone know what the formal days are? Also what happened to gala midnight buffet? I saw that it was taken off the Sprit and Victory wnated to know about the conquest class?

thanks

They do not do a nightly midnight buffet. They *did* have a Mardi Gras party one night, though that offered food.

The formal nights on the Western itinerary are 1st night at Sea (Sunday) and then Thursday (Jamaica).

HTH,

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

hey bring my ship back safe!!

Archived