Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

How is the temperature in the dining room?

For my Liberty cruise last month, I found the dining room temp to be just fine. I do wear a long sleeve shirt each evening, so I'm sure that makes a difference from some of the ladies in sleveless dresses.

Your pics are wonderful. Glad you mentioned the martini. We will visiting this place for sure. What martini did you enjoy the most??l

D&M: thanks for the compliment. I feared someone would ask me that question when I posted the comment. It was something with the word 'gold' in it. While watching the cabin TV for ship info, the assistant CD (William) was doing a video tour, and stopped by Paparazzi and mentioned his favorite bar tender, and a great martini. So when I went later that evening, she was serving drinks and I asked for "that martini that William was bragging about", and she made it. The appletini was excellent as well, but not as unique.

D&M: thanks for the compliment. I feared someone would ask me that question when I posted the comment. It was something with the word 'gold' in it. While watching the cabin TV for ship info, the assistant CD (William) was doing a video tour, and stopped by Paparazzi and mentioned his favorite bar tender, and a great martini. So when I went later that evening, she was serving drinks and I asked for "that martini that William was bragging about", and she made it. The appletini was excellent as well, but not as unique.

Do you happen to remember what was in it?

DJ Eddy we will be on the Liberty for the 07/21/07 cruise. Looking forward to some house-music-all-night-long!

"I'll house you, don't you know that, i'll house you coz you in my hut now, my hut!"

Probably won't be house all night long, very much doubt it but i'll squeeze some in...and I got mixed CD's ;)

We just cruised on Liberty last month. We went in a day early and had a great time. We took the water taxi all around and went and had dinner. It is so nice to wake up in the morning and look out of your hotel and see the ship. We got to the port at 11:15 and we were having lunch on lido at 12:15. It is just less stressful to go in the day before.

WWhich hotel did you stay in?

We just cruised on Liberty last month. We went in a day early and had a great time. We took the water taxi all around and went and had dinner. It is so nice to wake up in the morning and look out of your hotel and see the ship. We got to the port at 11:15 and we were having lunch on lido at 12:15. It is just less stressful to go in the day before.

Funnthesun

What itinery did you do? If you did the 8 day do you have a copy of the Capers? What hotel did you stay at?

We are sailing on her on 9/29/07

Cheri

Hi gang-

Just posting some links for some really great videos on the Liberty. Check them out if you have time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb73eCrn_pI&NR=1

Also, Jason at GatorClaw makes some really incredible videos. Check out his site at www.gatorclaw.com The one for the Liberty is listed at the top of the front page and is really enjoyable to watch.

Enjoy!

Hi gang-

Just posting some links for some really great videos on the Liberty. Check them out if you have time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb73eCrn_pI&NR=1

Also, Jason at GatorClaw makes some really incredible videos. Check out his site at www.gatorclaw.com The one for the Liberty is listed at the top of the front page and is really enjoyable to watch.

Enjoy!

This is a great video! The song though had me ROTFLMAO!! :D

So we still haven't booked our curise yet... (cause the DBF is a procrastinator, but that's another story).

I looked online this morning, and the price to book and OV guar. is over $1700!!!! :eek:

Is that possible?!?!

All of the other prices are within a normal range. Why would it be so much for an OV guar.???? I'm afriad the other prices are going to sky rocket also.

Any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Guest Mary49
I do hope Blood Power are on the Lib, they were on the Conquest when I was on there. It would seem that Mr Wittmer has his own staff who seem to follow him around, he is a fantastic CD and boss so if you work well with him then he wants you back. Blood Power do rock though so I hope they are there!

Hi DJ Eddy, do you have any info on Music Boardwalk? I just heard them on the Miracle and thought they were fantastic. Have you ever heard them. Thanks for any info.

There are no headphones. During the day, however, most of the videos (nature videos, surfers, etc.) didn't have sound, so they didn't interfere with the band. They will broadcast some of the deck games on the screen, but not while the band's performing - also, there's a morning program by the cruise director that's broadcast on the big screen. The movies take place late afternoon/evening, when folks are generally done with the pools.

Thank you so much! That eases my mind. You can only imagine the picture I had in my head:o

DGP1111...very cool pix of the Liberty. We are getting pretty excited about our cruise coming up on July 29th and you have definitely helped us get even more excited. Thanks

John & Shari

You'll be getting on the day we get off. I'll try to tidy the place up for y'all!:D

Hey, DJEddy. I'm gonna age myself, but do you have any late 80's/early 90's club music? Like XYMOX, Depeche Mode remixes, that song "Welcome"......stuff like that? Just curious.:D

:p Any disco from late 70's early 80's?

I will be dancing all night long with ya Eddie come Sept 15.

I heard the ship is 95% booked for Sept 15 sailing. I don't think the prices will go down. :eek:

Any one with any recent Capers from the Liberty?????

Dan

even if you saw recent capers they wont help you much since the ship will be visiting all new ports in August.

For anyone curious about becoming a VIP member with Carnival, it takes 10 Carnival cruises to get there. Any length of cruise counts, so even the shorter 3, 4, and 5 day trips will help get you to your goal. Also, Cruises To Nowhere (CTN) will get you there, as well. Thank you to LibertyCruiser for posting this list in another thread.....it's all the perks you receive once you become a VIP guest with Carnival:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles...erge_club.aspx

Platinum cardholders are entitled to the following shipboard benefits and features:

* Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin one evening

* Personalized stationery

* A special Carnival logo item

* Guaranteed dining times and supper club reservations

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

* Spa Carnival priority reservations and complimentary treatment upgrade

* Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

* Priority tender boarding

* Priority embarkation and debarkation

Additionally, a fully staffed concierge desk for Platinum cardholders has been established at the purser’s information desk aboard every Carnival ship. A dedicated phone line is available fleetwide, as well.

Special luggage tags indicating guests are “Carnival Concierge Club” members are included in guests’ cruise documents. “Carnival Concierge Club” members also receive a special Welcome Aboard letter from Carnival President and CEO Bob Dickinson detailing the exclusive amenities and privileges available during their cruise.

Looks good to me! I am going on #5 cruise in 2 weeks and we have #6 cruise booked, already! :D Happy Cruising Everyone!

* Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack tournament

You can also choose entry into the slot tournament instead of blackjack (either/or). I totally suck at card games, so that's a perfect option for me.

Hey, DJEddy. I'm gonna age myself, but do you have any late 80's/early 90's club music? Like XYMOX, Depeche Mode remixes, that song "Welcome"......stuff like that? Just curious.:D

hmmm don't know about that one but i've got Robin S - Show Me Love, Alsion Limerick - Where Love Lives, stuff like that from early 90's.

even if you saw recent capers they wont help you much since the ship will be visiting all new ports in August.

This statement is not entirely true. They are still running the same 8 day Eastern route that they have been running all along. However, they are alternating that route with an 8 day Western route that includes Costa Maya, Limon, & Colon as the ports. The 6 day routes have been changed in a similar fashion. You can still sail to these ports: Freeport, Bahamas ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Costa Maya, Mexico

or the new ones that they alternate with

Key West, FL ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands ; Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Archived