Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

They didn't give you new tags for the trip home while on board? Did they stop this?

Wonderful

NO New tags... so they need to be sturdy.. it is so cheap to buy a box of laminating paper. We have it in the house and use it for many things..

and instead of duct tape we bought a roll of wide clear packing tape..

We bought Laminating paper and did this to them and then used clear packing tape it lasted quite well. Since you also need to have these tags on your bag at the end of the cruise. They place them by color/floor. In groups for customs to inspect.

They need to hold up. If it is rainy they can get damaged. We printed a few extra incase they got messed up on the airplane or before we disembarked.

Here are pics of our tags we taped them and even added a few staples..

1784885735_luggagetags003.jpg.1ed38f8cd7d2a028c3ddab9274e352c5.jpg

143561312_luggagetags004.jpg.e2c46f4184e6ab1dee71b2c4ad3ff8bd.jpg

All of a sudden, I'm not liking the e-doc idea. I had no idea Carnival had stopped giving you new tags. I guess we will have to make sure the embarkation tags are kept in good shape. They won't be a certain color, but if Carnival puts out them by deck, I guess that will work. We are honestly thinking hard about self-debarkation anyway since we have an early flight out of FLL. OK, I'm done.

All of a sudden, I'm not liking the e-doc idea. I had no idea Carnival had stopped giving you new tags. I guess we will have to make sure the embarkation tags are kept in good shape. They won't be a certain color, but if Carnival puts out them by deck, I guess that will work. We are honestly thinking hard about self-debarkation anyway since we have an early flight out of FLL. OK, I'm done.

what time is your flight.

only two ships in port that day-- us and a small royal ship

Maybe a dumb question but......do the shops and things in OSJ stay open late to accomodate the late arrival of the ship? I figure that the bars and restaurants will be open - but I was wondering about the other businesses.

Check cruisecal to see how many ships will be in port that evening.

If there are more than 2 ships they will keep the stores open an extra hour.

If not, most of the stores will be open until 5 or 6, after that, just bars, clubs & restaurants.

I have nothing more to add to this thread exept to say i Just received my docs and am dancing right now!!

I hope the 3 weeks until we board goes by really fast!

We have over 50 people so far that will be at our Liberty meet & greet, with more joining everyday:)

geezzzzzzzz, i guess i should start packing or something.

I know that with VIP cruiser, they leave special tags in your room & that if you want to get off early, your bags are in a seprate are. Lately we have done the self-disembark & it was a breeze. But on the 8 day I don't think DH will want to do a self-disembark, because we will have more luggage.

If any one has capers of the 8-day western- Costa Maya, Costa Rica, Panama

would love a copy.

We are on the Upper deck- floor plan looks like a good place to be. We have cabin 6270

Cheri

Wow, I've read thru all 20 pages of this thread! I will be booking for Oct. 13th tomorrow, once DH confirms his vacation week at work. I've been researching and researching cruises for about a month now and haven't been able to find anything and then today, I decide to look at the 8 day cruises and lo and behold, I came across the Liberty. This will be our 2nd cruise...first one was on RCL Mariner in Feb. and we LOVED it!

I have nothing more to add to this thread exept to say i Just received my docs and am dancing right now!!

I'm dancing too!! Not because we got our docs, but because our room assignment is posted! Verandah 8260. We're right across from the elevators, so I'm sure there will be some noise, but DBF and I are heavy sleepers... so I'm not too worried. :D

Wow, I've read thru all 20 pages of this thread! I will be booking for Oct. 13th tomorrow, once DH confirms his vacation week at work. I've been researching and researching cruises for about a month now and haven't been able to find anything and then today, I decide to look at the 8 day cruises and lo and behold, I came across the Liberty. This will be our 2nd cruise...first one was on RCL Mariner in Feb. and we LOVED it!

Welcome...welcome...glad you found us ;) :D

8260 & 8261 across from Pantry & Electrical Locker

OH NO!! That's my room!! :eek: Is it loud? I thought we'd just have to deal with elevator noise...

Ehh... whatever... I'm going to be on the ship, I don't really care! :p

I know that with VIP cruiser, they leave special tags in your room & that if you want to get off early, your bags are in a seprate are. Lately we have done the self-disembark & it was a breeze. But on the 8 day I don't think DH will want to do a self-disembark, because we will have more luggage.

If any one has capers of the 8-day western- Costa Maya, Costa Rica, Panama

would love a copy.

We are on the Upper deck- floor plan looks like a good place to be. We have cabin 6270

Cheri

WiggleBay, here is a link to the capers you are looking for.

bob

http://community.webshots.com/album/548177373Vcpxmf

Hi everyone - It's almost time for my turn on the liberty. We're leaving sat. morning for FL and only 2 more days of work before vacation starts - woohoo. I'm so excited...I don't know how I can stand the rest of this week!

Hi all. The first few days have gone by way tooooo quick. The ship is wonderful. Yes Im saving my Capers to scan and post. Im taking tons of pictures. Last night was formal night and Captians party. I actuallly met the captain. Drinks were free flowing.

Well time is $$ here.

Bye

All of you onboard or leaving this week-end, have fun and post when you get back! We want to know all about it. Serene, our flight is at about 11:00 a.m. We've been to FLL before so know how close it is to the port, so think we'll be OK. But some of the stories about how long it takes to get off the ship are scary. That's why we may just carry our own bags off.

How about an 80's party on the July 29, 07 Liberty sailing??!! The DJ on the Conquest is doing one 9/23/07.

I was on the Conquest, the 80's party was soooooo fun!

The younger crowd wasn't to happy about it, as all that was played was 80's music but the disco was packed with 30 to50 year olds.

I wish they would do this on all the ships, it would give us "older" folk a chance to dance & have fun to music we actually know how to dance to.

ALCOLADES to dgp1111

I absolutely love to read this board but you have made my Carnival cruise life uch more of a joy! I have recently have bad experiences with the location of cabin rooms which were later properly addressed...later is the operative word.

DH and plan to sail on the Liberty this Aug, I can't thank you for your time and concern for fellow cruise members.

ALCOLADES to dgp1111

I absolutely love to read this board but you have made my Carnival cruise life much more of a joy! I have recently have bad experiences with the location of cabin rooms on the Conquest and the Ecstasy (upgrades?????) which were later properly addressed...later is the operative word.:mad:

DH and I plan to sail on the Liberty this Aug, I can't thank you enough for your time and concern for fellow cruise members.:p

Sincerely,

Lady D.

Archived