Worried-Cruising Triumph Eastern Caribbean Aug 14-21st

porcelina

Hi. This is my frist cruise and I had to book mid-August due to school and work. I'm not concerned about my cruise not stopping at it's intended ports, but I am worried about the hurricanes. I'll be flying to Miami from New York early Saturday morning (booked through my travel agent at the same time as the cruise) and I'm wondering what will happen if they flight is delayed or canceled. Has anyone been on a cruise during a hurricane? What are the odds that it will be canceled? :confused: Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, this being my first cruise, any tips for a first time cruiser would also be welcomed. Thanks all and happy cruising! :)

I'm not worried about the cruise being cancelled (not very likely), I'm worried about flying into Miami on Friday! I hope I'm able to get to Florida before the ship leaves on Saturday... starting to really worry about this!

From Carnival, There is a change for the triumph

Tropical Storms Update

TROPICAL STORM CHARLEY

Carnival is continually monitoring all of the most up-to-date information available on Tropical Storm Charley and will make any necessary itinerary changes to ensure the safety and comfort or our guests and crew. As a result, we have revised the itinerary for three ships this week:

Carnival Triumph – The scheduled call in Ocho Rios has been cancelled and the ship will visit Nassau on Friday.

Carnival Conquest – The scheduled call in Montego Bay has been cancelled. The ship will visit Grand Cayman on Wednesday, Cozumel on Thursday and Progreso on Friday.

Paradise – The scheduled call in Grand Cayman has been cancelled and the ship will visit Nassau on Friday.

Based on the most current information available, we do not anticipate making additional itinerary changes to any of our other ships. We also do not expect the storm to impact our departures from any Florida ports (Miami, Tampa, Port Canaveral or Jacksonville) for cruises departing this Thursday through Sunday.

TROPICAL STORM BONNIE

We do not anticipate any itinerary changes related to Tropical Storm Bonnie.

We will update this information if any new itinerary changes are required.

Hmmm . . . the travel agent never mentioned insurance. I think it's safe to assume that I don't have it. I probably don't want to know, but what happens if I don't have insurance and I miss the ship leaving due to delays? Since the travel agent booked my flight and cruise together, wouldn't this be covered some way? This is exactly why I did everything through an agent instead of trying to find a deal myself online. It's hard to know what you don't know when doing something for the first time!

We are also booked on the Triumph out of Miami on the 14th. We are supposed to fly into FLL on Friday the 13th in the afternoon. Crossing our fingers that flights will not be cancelled. We already contacted the airlines to see about flying in on Thursday but the cost to change flights is sky high.

What are the chances that the ship will be delayed due to not being able to return to Miami on schedule, or a large number of passengers not being able to get to Miami for embarkation?

Does anyone have a link to carnivals site that details up to the minute changes due to the storms.

This will also be mine and DH's first cruise leaving Mon. 8/16 on the Sensation out of Tampa. I booked everything myself online but, did purchase travel insurance even though a friend who has taken 4 cruises told me she never does. We've had a vacation mishap in the past so I've learned from that experience and it was a short trip within our home state :eek: . Better safe than sorry.

Kathy

Hey..you people going on the Triumph on 8/14, where have you been?? Lpetchen and I have been calling the rolls for this cruise since April. If you are interested there are 8 of us going from Rhode Island on Friday morning, flying out of TF Green. Others are from VA and Ohio. We all plan on meeting after the life boat drill (that is if we aren't sitting in the life boats hanging on for dear life) at the Capital Bar in front of the Lounge doors. Bring the dramamine and a big smile.

:) :)

oh yea..i do have travel insurance

i'm with you guys on worrying, i am leaving out of port canaveral on Aug 14th on the glory. I fly into orlando tomorrow early morning. I am soooo nervous now with the weather. I tried to find the paths and see if its coming near port canaveral at all but not having much luck. i dont know fl well but it seems to b near miami and key west and stuff. Anyone know how port canaveral and orlando should be with this weather?

a couple of years age we were on a cruise when hurricane Michelle hit the Keys, we were on a western cruise, but went eastern instead, it was not cancelled or delayed, we were with a group and still had a great time, the only thing bad was it did rain a couple of days but lots of other places on ship to have a great time you will enjoy your cruise regardless of weather

Hi Kathy - our group from Milwaukee will be on the Sensation also on the 14th. We are flying into Tampa sunday nite - so we are all crossing our fingers as well in terms of flying. As far as the cruise goes - it will be an adventure... watch for us the quiet women!!!

Cheryl

Hey there laf500 ... we returned from the Glory Western just last week ... I too am a teacher and know what you mean about booking around school calendars ... have a great trip since this boat is awesome!! especially since it was our first cruise as well ... I had the patch and it worked beautifully for motion sickness .... unfortunately, I did not buy enough souvenirs for my student prizes - any chance you could help me out with port shopping in Cozumel ... those $1 painted sombrero pens with senora and senor faces are great for the A student rewards!! ... just LMK ... tyvm!

hey ditzymm, how did you enjoy your trip? any good tips for me? Good idea with the student prizes i do the same thing with giving out little incentives but I work with the behavior disorder students so i do it for different reasons lol. hey i will b in cozumel this week if u want email me laf500@aol.com and let me know how many more u need and send address and all and I can mail them to you. just let me know if i can help ya at all. hopefully we have decent weather im a little nervous about the weather.

Archived